Diff lock for 95 SSRX Limited

Submitted: Friday, May 16, 2003 at 10:42
ThreadID: 4942 Views:1358 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,
I am currently serching info on diff locks.
Through the net I have discovered what diff locks are and what they do.

I have concluded that a rear non ARB diff lock would be the most economical solution to expanding the off road capabilities of my surf.

I have a few questions that maybe I can get an answer to here.

Firstly how many ppl here use diff locks?
What are their thoughts?

Does it make any difference if you have an auto or manual surf (I have an auto)

Does a lift make very much difference to the off road capabilities of the surf and does it adversley affect on road performance??

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated
Regards
Mark :)
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, May 16, 2003 at 11:55

Friday, May 16, 2003 at 11:55
Pay for what you get.

The archives have 239048230948 posts on Lockers, but ARB lockers you have the best of all worlds, you disengage them when you dont want them, and your car is as it is now on and offroad. When you engage it, it almost turns into a Patrol and becomes an offroad beast! :D

Mate has a locker in his Surf, rear if I remember correctly, it makes an amazing difference in ANY 4wd, from a Lada to Patrol. the other side of the coin, is that they get you INTO more trouble than out of, as you get further than before into the poo.
AnswerID: 20199

Reply By: Member - Martyn (WA) - Friday, May 16, 2003 at 12:51

Friday, May 16, 2003 at 12:51
I have front and rear ARB lockers in my GQ Patrol, as mentioned before, chalk and cheese, I've used my lockers to get out of deeper poo than I would of normally gotten into. I find the benefits regarding mechainical strain on your 4by are significantly reduced, plus the added benefits of going to difficult places. Road holding when the lockers are engaged can be very interesting especially when turning bends, I have a light on my dash on the steering column when the lockers are engaged, I've nearly come un-glued a couple of times, on a beach and when changing from a loose surface to a solid surface. As mentioned above there are lots of threads about lockers. Get your credit card out..........Keep the shiny side up
AnswerID: 20203

Sponsored Links