Marlows bought out by SuperCheap

Submitted: Friday, May 16, 2003 at 17:13
ThreadID: 4948 Views:1860 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Marlows and Rocca Bros has been bought out by SuperCheap.

This is a dissapointment as Marlows had some good brands and some locally made quality Western Australian made products not available in the Eastern States that could be bought on their website.

Marlows importing their own products were often substantially cheaper than other outlets. This often forced other outlets and importers to drop their prices. Take the Grunter compressors which were around the $70 from Marlows and one bush ranger trying to sell a same power unit with slight hose difference for over $200

Marlows website and specials were good and now it is all gone with the lousy SuperCheap website with no products or specials to purchase and no information.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Steve - Friday, May 16, 2003 at 21:41

Friday, May 16, 2003 at 21:41
Thats what happens when the good old Aussie company gets the smell of some easy money....sell as fast as u can and stuff the loyal customers..
AnswerID: 20256

Follow Up By: Dozer - Friday, May 16, 2003 at 23:52

Friday, May 16, 2003 at 23:52
Thats one possibility. the other is get out before you get forsed out.
I dont know how anyone can compete with these large shops.$29.95 for a gregories, $79.99 for a powertank, etc etc good for us, bad for the corner shop.
Andrew
FollowupID: 12989

Reply By: David - Monday, May 19, 2003 at 11:06

Monday, May 19, 2003 at 11:06
David

Could not agree more with your comments.

Last Thursday, I did the 6 month visit to Marlows in Fremantle to get all the bits and pieces for servicing my 2 vehicles and could not even get the oil I needed. Stocks were almost depleted and when I asked they just shrugged their shoulders.

On Saturday I then went to Marlows in Canning Vale - same story could not get the oil I wanted (Castrol RX Super 20 litres) which they normally have plent of in stock.

When I aksed what was going on, the Manager explained they were running stocks down so they could refit their shops after the change of ownership. I had a quick look around the shop and he was right - stocks were limited - too bad for customers wanting to buy something!

I ended up going to Auto Pro in Cannng Vale who not only matched the prices for me but also gave excellent service.

Sorry Woosha, but guess where I will be going from now on.

Rgds

David
AnswerID: 20406

Follow Up By: Busta - Monday, May 19, 2003 at 13:59

Monday, May 19, 2003 at 13:59
David

How much are you paying for RX Super? I always found that CJD's and AV trucks in Midland were a fair bit cheaper than Marlows and the like. Somthing like $60 for the 20L last time I had to fork out for it.
FollowupID: 13092

Follow Up By: David - Monday, May 19, 2003 at 20:55

Monday, May 19, 2003 at 20:55
Busta

$86 for 20 litres.

Looks like I had better shop around a bit more!!!!!!!!

Thanks

David
FollowupID: 13117

Sponsored Links