toughdog shocks - usa/mexico

Submitted: Friday, May 16, 2003 at 22:13
ThreadID: 4955 Views:1931 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have searched the forum, and have found that people have only good things to say about toughdog foam cell shocks. I was therefore surprised to find that my new shocks had failed. The dealer ordered a new pair, and I found that they offered much more resistance, even though they were the same part number - then I noticed that the difference were in the "made in" stamp. The shocks that failed were made in mexico, whereas the new ones were made in the USA.
Coincidence?
I dont know, but will in future insist on the USA shocks.

Chris
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Eric from Cape York Connections - Saturday, May 17, 2003 at 07:58

Saturday, May 17, 2003 at 07:58
Chris I think the problem these days is who knows were what is made.
I wonder were most shocks are made.
All the best
Eric
www.capeyorkconnections.co.au
Peter o7 4094 1745
Eric 02 42 94 3496
Cape York Connections
AnswerID: 20278

Reply By: Member - JEFF THE TROUPA - Saturday, May 17, 2003 at 12:00

Saturday, May 17, 2003 at 12:00
CHRIS,
I HAVE TOUGH DOGS FITTED NOW FOR 3 YEARS, 2 SIMPSON DESERT CROSSINGS AND NUNEROUS OTHER TRIPS. NO PROBLEMS TO DATE WITH ANOTHER TRIP IN THE PIPELINE DEPARTING 18 JUL TO NORTHERN TERRITORY MY SHOCKS WERE ALSO MADE IN U.S.A. I'M SURE THEY WILL BE OK . GOOD LUCK AND W E L C O M E.
AnswerID: 20294

Reply By: diamond(bendigo) - Saturday, May 17, 2003 at 17:50

Saturday, May 17, 2003 at 17:50
gday chris
i remember a while ago someone was asking about either tough dog/rancho shocks.all i said was that theese shocks were made in america for american conditions and got shot down to pieces.
australia has one of the most harshest enviroments for road conditions ect in the world.so my way of seing things is why not buy aussie made for aussie conditions.bilsteins/koni would have to be the best but at a price.made overseas but where do you think they do there researce and development.right here.
personally i would go monroe/pedders/old man emu tried and tested.looking foward to september(landcruiser park/fraser island)
AnswerID: 20318

Sponsored Links