magnetic panel protectors

Submitted: Friday, May 16, 2003 at 23:02
ThreadID: 4957 Views:4430 Replies:6 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I have seen other people with flexible magnetic material shaped to their vehicle. They are made similar to fridge magnets except bigger. They roll out and stick to the side of your 4wd and protect the paint. Does anyone know where these can be purchased??
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mark - Saturday, May 17, 2003 at 09:05

Saturday, May 17, 2003 at 09:05
Not seen anywhere in Oz selling it but you could get a roll shipped from USA if not available locally
I looked at it & then remembered my L.R was aluminium panels.. could of been embarassing :)
AnswerID: 20284

Reply By: Autolec - Saturday, May 17, 2003 at 10:42

Saturday, May 17, 2003 at 10:42
You can get the material from the larger sign writing outlets.
I have used 4 pieces on my vehicle for the last 5 years when off roading.
AnswerID: 20290

Reply By: diamond(bendigo) - Saturday, May 17, 2003 at 17:42

Saturday, May 17, 2003 at 17:42
gday wazza.
are you looking at these for protection while doing a service or to protect your panels while in the bush.
reason being if its only for servicing super cheap sell cheap guard protectors there just plastic with magnets along the top edge that stick to your inner guard.
but if for protection of road you need full magnetic ones.
you should be able to pick them up at any sign writer.
just a little hint that we do is on the inside i get the wife to sew some felt .i dont like the idea of the plastic/magnet straight on the panel work and being magnetic the felt still sticks.
hope this helpslooking foward to september(landcruiser park/fraser island)
AnswerID: 20317

Reply By: Member - Alex B - Sunday, May 18, 2003 at 06:54

Sunday, May 18, 2003 at 06:54
Hi Zapper, look up “Magnets & Magnetic Materials" in the yellow pages and go direct to the wholesales rather than the sign writers, it will be cheaper and you will be offered a wider range. They may even know of the guards your after.

AnswerID: 20345

Reply By: Bruce from Budget Signs - Sunday, May 18, 2003 at 16:51

Sunday, May 18, 2003 at 16:51
gday Zapper
what state are you in i stock magnetic material & can give you the distributors name as well ,also be aware this materal if left on for long periods can bind permanatly to your paintwork they also if left on for extendad periods can promote rust if you do use take it off regularly & clean & dry the area behind it then sprinkle talkem powder on the magnetic as this help to stop the rusting effect also be aware that if you have any placky inthe ara covered by the magnetic that will fall off & can be lost as an alternative we can also get a self adhesive vynle designed for the purpace you require
regards bruce Budget Signs
AnswerID: 20363

Follow Up By: Zapper - Sunday, May 18, 2003 at 22:29

Sunday, May 18, 2003 at 22:29
Gday Bruce
Thanks for the reply.
I am in WA. I dont want it to be on for long periods at a time. Its to go on my GQ wagon, it has tidy paintwork and is dark red in colour and will really show the scratches. I wanted them more to put on before i go to the beach then take off, most would be a weekend at a time. Would that be a problem? What did you mean about the placky bits under them falling off??
Regards Sam
FollowupID: 13060

Reply By: Bruce from Budget Signs - Monday, May 19, 2003 at 19:41

Monday, May 19, 2003 at 19:41
Zapper im in welshpool dont if thats covenient to youif you want to drop in or give me a call on 93626005 as it might be easer to explain over the phone
Regards BruceBudget Signs
AnswerID: 20455

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (13)