Power Inverters

Submitted: Monday, Oct 02, 2000 at 00:00
ThreadID: 5 Views:2416 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I am looking at purchasing an inverter to use for charging computer, video camera, GPS battery chargers and the like. I might also look at running small colour TV as well. Has anybody got any recommendations re the size I need and comments related to pure sine wave versus "modified sine wave" supplies.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Steve - Tuesday, Oct 03, 2000 at 00:00

Tuesday, Oct 03, 2000 at 00:00
There is some info at http://www.motorcare.com.au/inverter.htm which gives some numbers for typical power usage and some links to inverter units. For info on pure vs. modified sine waves check out http://www.baintech.com.au/whatis.htm

Hope this helps

AnswerID: 3

Reply By: Steve Barbuto - Tuesday, Nov 28, 2000 at 01:00

Tuesday, Nov 28, 2000 at 01:00

All appliances have the power rating on them in Watts or Amps, it is law. So you can easily determine the size required, just allow a margin between the maximum load and the CONTINUOUS power rating of the inverter. I would allow 50%, but 75% should be fine. Charging batteries will pose little technical dilemma, but check your TV works on modified sine wave before you cash out. You may need to go to pure. Some small TVs run on 12V anyway, so check it out.

AnswerID: 46

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (9)