Nissan Terrano

Submitted: Sunday, Nov 04, 2001 at 01:00
ThreadID: 503 Views:1890 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
We are leaving on the big trip travelling oz for six months shortly and currently own a Nissan Terrano 2.7 Turbo Diesel with 100,000 k's on the clock . Really reliable and comfortable off and on roader but we are concerned about it's ability to handle towing a camper trailer around australia for 6 months (not planning on Gibb River rd or CSR, but Lawn Hill, Kimberley, Bungle Bungles and Fraser Island a definite.)Does anyone have experience in taking a Japanese import on a trip like this, or should we be trading the old girl in for the usual Patrol/Landcruisers?
Any advice greatly received!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: John - Monday, Nov 05, 2001 at 01:00

Monday, Nov 05, 2001 at 01:00
If you are happy with your 'Rig' you should have no problems over any of your trips mentioned, but if you have any doubts get a Landcruiser 4.2 Diesel ( Standard) with barn doors and do it all in style, comfort and ease, and no worries !!

John
AnswerID: 1338

Reply By: JohnS - Saturday, Nov 10, 2001 at 01:00

Saturday, Nov 10, 2001 at 01:00
Rob,
Your Nissan should be just fine, it's all about driving within the limits of your vehicle. You will have to go slower than a big vehcle with a bigger engine, but they will use more fuel too.
Focus on keeping the weight down inside the camper trailer, tyres at correct pressures, no roof rack. Throw out all the gear you don't really need, put heavy items inside your vehicle just forward of the rear axle if you can (with a cargo barrier of course).

Diesels will work hard all day, just don't thrash it under load, take it easy. You've got six months!

Have a good trip.
AnswerID: 1387

Reply By: Craig D - Sunday, Nov 11, 2001 at 01:00

Sunday, Nov 11, 2001 at 01:00
I have an Imported SURF & I've found you need to do some reseach into parts & repairers
along your trip. Just incase something does go wrong, you need to find someone willing to fix it.
Other than that, you should be fine, have a good trip!
AnswerID: 1397

Reply By: Adrian - Thursday, Dec 27, 2001 at 01:00

Thursday, Dec 27, 2001 at 01:00
hi i am adrian i also have a terrano 2.7 turbo and i would trust my car anywhere anytime.As for towing me and my mates usually tow our 71 patrol every weekend on a car trailer and we have no troubles at all best car i have ever had.Its a diesel it'll never stop.
AnswerID: 1654

Sponsored Links