Digital Camera's

Submitted: Sunday, May 25, 2003 at 20:12
ThreadID: 5112 Views:1743 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Can any one please advise me if there are any Computer shops or Camera shop / Film developers in the Cairns or Cape (Wiepa or others) area who will download my photo's and burn them onto a disc. My camera uses a XD Picture Card.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.Alpaca
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Sunday, May 25, 2003 at 21:46

Sunday, May 25, 2003 at 21:46
Thought of buying a few more XD cards?

Could be easier, as if you get there and their machine is "down", your stuffed! You could post the used cards to yourself at home, or family registered mail to ensure it gets home if you dont want to carry the full cards around...

Check http://www.exeltek.com.au for cheap cards.
AnswerID: 21024

Reply By: adam - Monday, May 26, 2003 at 11:49

Monday, May 26, 2003 at 11:49
MR Alpaca,
Hi there. Info as follows:
Two places in Weipa handle processing and that is Woolworths and Cape York Pharmacy however they don't actually process in Weipa, they send the goods to Cairns for developing. Price for normal pics 12.95 for 12, single pics.
They really didnt know too much about digital processing however if you really wanted to you could send a card for processing though a better option would be to wait until you get to Douglas or Cairns.
Most agencies in Port Douglas and Cairns will process the digital cards for around 10.00 per card, unlimited photos. As long as they all fit onto one CD no problem.
Hope this helps, rgds - adam and danielle from Darwin............
PS: Youll need another disc for all those fish youre going to catch in Weipa.(!)
AnswerID: 21057

Reply By: Member -BJ (Sydney) - Monday, May 26, 2003 at 14:14

Monday, May 26, 2003 at 14:14
Alpaca if you have a laptop get a card reader & download to it. Readers about $60.00 for sd card.
regards
bob Regards Bob
Wish i was still here / Gulf in July
AnswerID: 21076

Reply By: Allyn (Pilbara) - Monday, May 26, 2003 at 23:56

Monday, May 26, 2003 at 23:56
My (limited) experience thus far is that not many places have the technology / equipment to download from Xd picture crads as yet so I'm pickin that Weipa would be amongst that lot. For the cost of a Bradman you can get yourself another 128 mB Xd picture card which should see you through until next year (about 800 pics on lower resolution I believe).In here - thinking of out there !!!
AnswerID: 21179

Sponsored Links