Gawler and Googs

Submitted: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 at 19:34
ThreadID: 5139 Views:1306 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
G'day Fellas and Sheilas,

Me old Mate and I have been given more time off by the wimmin'( maybe they are up to something?) and tomorrow we are driving out to the Gawler Ranges. Then down to the coast and to Ceduna and then up Googs Track, east along the railway line, and south again from Kingoonya past Lake Gairdner( maybe we can try a speed test on the lake with the G60:-) ) and down thru Iron Knob back home. Hope the weather holds.

Will report back on our adventure after tomorrow week.Cheers, Willem
Never a dull moment
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Rick - Tuesday, May 27, 2003 at 19:49

Tuesday, May 27, 2003 at 19:49
Have fun.
Try a few nights at Googs Lake.
Climb Mt Finke.
Surprise the wallabies at the PAR campsite at L. Gairdner.
We look forward to some good photos.
C Ya
AnswerID: 21230

Follow Up By: Member - Wherethefugawi - Tuesday, May 27, 2003 at 20:20

Tuesday, May 27, 2003 at 20:20
Are you going try to get up to the speed limit in that jalopy hehehe
take care if you do and have a great time
richard
adelaideRichard
FollowupID: 13813

Reply By: Member - Mike - Tuesday, May 27, 2003 at 21:08

Tuesday, May 27, 2003 at 21:08
G'day Willem,
Having just returned from Goog's Track can I say that you need at least 3 day's to see it reasonably - longer if possible. I agree with Rick climb Mt Finke if you can find the start - the directions from the ranger station in Ceduna can be interesting to say the least!!. Enjoy the camping on this track you won't find much better,

Cheers
Mike T

ps Whilst in Ceduna check out the local oyster farming industry.
AnswerID: 21234

Reply By: Member- Rox - Tuesday, May 27, 2003 at 23:17

Tuesday, May 27, 2003 at 23:17
Willem I once drove that road-"south again from Kingoonya past Lake Gairdner" at night to get to Ceduna, Cataus Beach from Darwin from memery it was smoth have fun ,watch the roos.Around Oz 06/2004
AnswerID: 21250

Reply By: Gerry - Wednesday, May 28, 2003 at 09:59

Wednesday, May 28, 2003 at 09:59
Did the exact same trip over Easter/Anzac Day a few weeks back. Fantastic part of the state! Googs track is heavily corrugated in places but from Tarcoola on it's almost as smooth as the blacktop. The run past Lake Gairdener is pretty good too. You won't get onto Lake Gairdener with your car as it is now fenced off to prevent people from doing what you (jokingly I trust??) suggested. If you make the lake an overnight stop, walk out there in the middle of the night - the stars are unbelievable and you feel like you're walking around on the moon!

Have a great trip.
AnswerID: 21271

Sponsored Links