Magellan Map330 and OziExploer

Submitted: Thursday, May 29, 2003 at 19:03
ThreadID: 5175 Views:2085 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi everyone,

I am new to exploroz. I got the web address from a mate in WA who regulary checks this site. We are planning a trip up to the Cape next July, so this site has been a wealth of information. Thanks to all those who contribute.

A question, I have a Magellan Map300 GPS and the latest version of OziExplorer. I am having trouble with the moving map option. I know the GPS can communicate with the laptop via the serial connection due to waypoints etc being able to be downloaded from the GPS. However, in Moving map mode I don't even get the info in the status bar down the bottom of the program except for "Moving Map is on" and two black dots.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Craig
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Peter Jackson - Thursday, May 29, 2003 at 19:18

Thursday, May 29, 2003 at 19:18
Go to the OziExplorer Help Desk

AnswerID: 21404

Reply By: Big John (QLD) - Thursday, May 29, 2003 at 20:00

Thursday, May 29, 2003 at 20:00
Craig, For Cape York you would be well advised to get hold of Ron Moon's Cape York book and use your GPS to confirm the turn offs. It's not that hard to find your way round the Cape.

Regards Big john
AnswerID: 21407

Reply By: Member - Peter (WA) - Thursday, May 29, 2003 at 22:12

Thursday, May 29, 2003 at 22:12
in oziexplorer go to help =click contents =click moving maps =click movingmaps and scroll down to section on status display .....also make sure when trying to set it up that you GPS is receving a satalite signal and is pluged into laptop hope this helps Born to drive a 4x4 , not a keyboard
Peter York 4x4
AnswerID: 21423

Sponsored Links