Christie Eng Operating Instructions

Submitted: Saturday, May 31, 2003 at 16:28
ThreadID: 5197 Views:1511 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

As a result of looking at this site and digesting all of it's various views on different subjects I decided to purchase a Christie Eng 55 amp.

I must admit I had never heard of the item until I came to this site and read the reviews which convinced me to by one from Opposite Lock in Welshpool, W.A.

It is really what I want for the purpose that I need which is to charge batteries in my camper trailer.

Anyway onto the question, in the operating instructions I will Quote:

6.Switch "High/Low" switch to "Low" position and accelerate engine to @ 2/3 full revs and observe reading on ampmeter (this is to excite fields).

7. If ampmeter reading is below 35 amps you may now switch to "High" for fast charging.

8. If ampmeter is above 35 amps with switch on "Low" position, allow battery to charge until reading is below 35 amps. (This avoids stalling engine)

( Battery should be fully charged when ampmeter reading comes down to 5 amps of less depending on battery size)

I tried out the Christie on my 4X4 batteries to try out the item and I seem to think that the instructions have been misprinted in that it should say 3.5 amps not 35 amps.

Without dribbling on could anyone help me on how to get the best out of the Christie and what I should be doing and what are the correct amps etc

Any help

Rookie.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: paul - Saturday, May 31, 2003 at 18:06

Saturday, May 31, 2003 at 18:06
Give les a call. His number should be on the instructions or in any 4WD magazine in his advert. He will probably answer the phone and is very very helpful.
AnswerID: 21512

Follow Up By: Rookie - Saturday, May 31, 2003 at 21:20

Saturday, May 31, 2003 at 21:20
Thanks Paul,

I'll do that on Monday.

FollowupID: 14042

Reply By: Member - NOBBY - Sunday, Jun 01, 2003 at 19:21

Sunday, Jun 01, 2003 at 19:21
Rookie.. I have the larger set( the 100 amp model) and I assume they operate the same. When you turn it on the reading on the led will tell you what the amps are that are going into the battery. As the battery fills up the number will decrease. Mine starts at about 60amps and will quickly decrease to 20-30, and be fully charged at 7. When it gets to 7 turn the set off. I charge two 100 amp Deep Cycle Trojans hooked up in parallel and am told by Len Christie to give them a squirt every two days for 30 mins. I run an Evacool 60 f/f and a few lights ( 24 amps per day). So far all is running well. He also said to leave the set switched onto High all the time, and I do.
AnswerID: 21572

Sponsored Links