Crossing Roads & Rivers to the Cape

Submitted: Monday, Jun 02, 2003 at 14:56
ThreadID: 5231 Views:2460 Replies:1 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Have a few queries regarding a trip to the Cape. Acess to Musgrave through Mitchell River from Normanton? Short cut from Dunbar to Koolatah, Oriners & Dixie Outstations crossing Mitchell & Alice Rivers? Travelling OTL through Frenchman's Track and taking the Batavia Downs Station road, have not heard Batavia Downs mentioned before any feed back? Attempting Stones Crossing on the Wenlock River if OK, any comments?
Last but not least is there a favourite place in Lakefiled Nat. Park?
Details - Travelling to the Cape July/Aug with the rest of the world, three vehiles, six adults & two young children. We have a trip plan and hopefully are ready for most things. Thanks for any comments.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Tony - Tuesday, Jun 03, 2003 at 07:28

Tuesday, Jun 03, 2003 at 07:28
Granty, I will answer the last one first. There arev lots of places in Lakefield one of the better for swiming (kids love it) is Hann Crossing. The best one for shade and shower block is Kalpower, its in a central position form day trips to other parst of Lakefield.

Stones is closed.

North from Dunbar is not an easy trip you are best to call Koolatah Stn and find out what the road is like up through Dixie OS. The crossing on the Mitchell just north of Dumbar can be a good one but the Mitchell is very low at the moment.
AnswerID: 21688

Follow Up By: Tony James - Tuesday, Jun 03, 2003 at 11:46

Tuesday, Jun 03, 2003 at 11:46
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Lakefield NP and Hann River full of crocs?
FollowupID: 14164

Follow Up By: Tony James - Tuesday, Jun 03, 2003 at 11:47

Tuesday, Jun 03, 2003 at 11:47
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Lakefield NP and Hann River full of crocs?
FollowupID: 14165

Follow Up By: Tony - Tuesday, Jun 03, 2003 at 13:50

Tuesday, Jun 03, 2003 at 13:50
If you have been to Hann Crossing you will know what I mean by being able to swim.
FollowupID: 14177

Sponsored Links