Travelling to Tassie Dec - Jan

Submitted: Sunday, Dec 16, 2007 at 14:55
ThreadID: 52596 Views:1733 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Forumites,
Looking to travel over to Tassie, catching the ferry on the 2nd looking to stay in Melbourne for two maybe three nights, not taking the camper trailer and looking to be staying around the Mornington Peninsula. Looking to arrive on either the 30th or 31st of December depending on how we travel. Two adults one child. Any suggestions where to stay cheap and cheerful who still have vacancies. It's proving difficult to organise, a lot harder than we thought.
Any help gratefully received, thanks in advance.
Keep the shiny side up

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: png62 - Sunday, Dec 16, 2007 at 16:32

Sunday, Dec 16, 2007 at 16:32
G'day Martin,
I live in Hobart and have just set up a whirlwind tour for some family from Scotland in late Jan. Accommodation of all sorts was booked out for then, so good luck - you may have left your run a bit late........I suggest B&B type accomm - they are usually really good value and great hosts (also help you with planning local knowledge) - you may have some chance - Google will help if you know the towns/areas you are visiting.
Cheers
JE
AnswerID: 276939

Follow Up By: Martyn (WA) - Sunday, Dec 16, 2007 at 17:40

Sunday, Dec 16, 2007 at 17:40
png62,
The Tassie side of things is fine, we're visiting my wifes parents plus a multitude of other friends around Tas. The only issue seems to be the two or three nights in the Melbourne / Mornington area. Worst comes to worst we'll have to bring the camper trailer, better go and get it ready.......... Thanks for the forewarning.
Keep the shiny side up

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 540804

Sponsored Links