Just some info (Cooper Tyres 265/70/16)

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 05, 2003 at 11:34
ThreadID: 5298 Views:2461 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
For anyone who may be interested...

For those out there than run the above mentioned size tyre. COOPER now supplies them in this size as of April so my WA dealer tells me.

Not in WA yet but he recons he can get them ex east.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Dean - Thursday, Jun 05, 2003 at 13:34

Thursday, Jun 05, 2003 at 13:34
Andrew

I have had a look at these and they look quite good, but are only in the standard load passenger construction, of course there's nothing wrong with that if that's all you're after, you would think they would have at least made them in the extra load P cons. like all the other brands of A/T Pass. tyres.

I reckon if they brought them out in a D rated, 8 ply, 117load index they would make a killing. With BFG being the the only tyre with a LT 70 series tyre there is little competition in that section of the market,

Dean

AnswerID: 21918

Follow Up By: Andrew - Thursday, Jun 05, 2003 at 15:57

Thursday, Jun 05, 2003 at 15:57
My dealer didn't mention the bit about them being just passenger rated.!!!

In fact, I thought he actually said they were rated the same as the 75's.

Maybe he was just mistaken and maybe not. I'll find ot.

cheers.
FollowupID: 14352

Follow Up By: Pete G - Thursday, Jun 05, 2003 at 18:24

Thursday, Jun 05, 2003 at 18:24
Andrew,

12 months ago I found Coopers to be lacking in a few "Critical" sizes like the ones needed to fit a Patrol GU II.

I shall await the outcome of your enquiries.

The issue is not just about Load/Speed ratings. It is about the construction of the tyre and susceptability to puncturing.

If you are after an A/T type tyre then IMHO the Bridgestone Dueller (D693's) 265/75R16 take a lot of beating. From my searches they are about the only ones with an S speed rating.

Please be careful and ask lots of questions/do lots of research as I came across some very unscrupulous salesmen.

Tyres complying with the placard must be fitted (size, load rating and speed rating). In NSW it is possible to fit tyres of a lower speed rating subject to certain conditions. These are stated in the RTA Vehicle Standards VSI No.9 (http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/downloads/vsi09.pdf)
Regards

PeteG
FollowupID: 14370

Sponsored Links