Mansfield way this weekend.. watch out

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 05, 2003 at 19:29
ThreadID: 5307 Views:1611 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
From a local up that way on Patrol list... May save someone!

~~~~~~~~

The boys in blue (local) use a red VY Commodore Ute 5.7ltr usually parked in the farm driveways on the Buller/striling road. The start of the season (this weekend) there are 4 unmarked TOG cars which are in the area for another 8 weeks (12 in total), 2 candy cars as well as the local cops. They are targeting the usual drink driving and speeding.

Also if the group of 4x4's looks good you will most likely get pulled over by the locals because they are interested in the vehicles.

You will have to pay tolls if you plan on stirling and you will only get as far as telegraph junction. Most tracks have now had logs pulled across them earlier than first expected.

There's still heaps of tracks I hope you all have a great time and hope
to see some picts. On the web site.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Bonz (Vic) - Friday, Jun 06, 2003 at 17:45

Friday, Jun 06, 2003 at 17:45
Truckster,

Are you saying (in this post) that to drive over Stirling there is a toll on the track? I assume this is up past Craig's Hut and on over the top of Stirling?

Also what is the idea of the logs across the tracks, is this a seasonal thing or just well intentioned bushwalkers wanting the area to themselves?

BonzSo many places to go!
So much work to do :0(
AnswerID: 21992

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Jun 06, 2003 at 17:56

Friday, Jun 06, 2003 at 17:56
The Toll, im not sure, its a post a bloke from up there on the Patrol list made...

The logs across the tracks, are to close the tracks.

With the weather the way it is, I think its a good idea, even heaps of snow up Lake Mountain... :(
FollowupID: 14438

Reply By: Wazza (Vic) - Saturday, Jun 07, 2003 at 10:00

Saturday, Jun 07, 2003 at 10:00
Also, somewhere the other side of the Black Spur around Buxton area I got pinged doing 110km/h by a camera. Now I reckon almost 99% that there was no car on the side of the road that day. I was heading up to Rubicon/Eildon. This was about 6 months ago. I am thinking there may be a fixed camera somewhere to catch the bikes?Cheers,
Wazza
----------------------
AnswerID: 22022

Sponsored Links