GU Flare repairs and plastic welding

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 03, 2008 at 21:27
ThreadID: 53090 Views:2551 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

I posted the other day about reattaching the plastic brackets that the clips/posts attach to on the back of the flare. I tried a glue gun and I didn't think it was going to do the job. Wondering what to do, I was driving past the local mechanic today and there was a ute advertising plastic welding on it out front so I popped in. The guy said race home and get them. $70 bucks later all seems a lot tougher than what I could of done with glue etc. Very happy with the result.

Leroy
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Debbie R (SA) - Friday, Jan 04, 2008 at 00:03

Friday, Jan 04, 2008 at 00:03
Leroy,

Glad to hear you have had them fixed. sorry didn't read your post the other day. We had a similar problem on the Cruiser thanks to a kangaroo. However, I obtained a plastic weld in a kit from Repco, was a solution like super glue that you as black powder too, I supported the brackets with matches with araldite first wasn't too successful but this stuff from Repco worked well the flare is still holding up after 3 years all bar the scratches on it from the Roo and the road.

Regards
Debbie
AnswerID: 279654

Follow Up By: Leroy - Friday, Jan 04, 2008 at 09:04

Friday, Jan 04, 2008 at 09:04
Debbie,

That's handy to know in future. Living a 2hr round trip from Repco/Autobarn etc it's difficult to find these products sometimes as I can't just go down to the shops for a quick 5 min browse!!

Leroy
FollowupID: 543861

Sponsored Links