Children in hot cars - are people STUPID!?

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 05, 2008 at 14:37
ThreadID: 53134 Views:2567 Replies:6 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
"Metropolitan Ambulance Service chief executive officer Greg Sassella said of about 220 heat-related emergencies paramedics had attended over the last two months, about 160 involved mostly children left in cars."

Herald Sun story

IQ tests before being allowed to breed, perhaps...?

Mike Harding
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Borgy.. (SA) - Saturday, Jan 05, 2008 at 15:25

Saturday, Jan 05, 2008 at 15:25
G'day Mike

Stupid is definetly the word mate , although i could add a few more choice words alongside.....reminds me of a time a few years ago when my b/inlaw and myself went to a chinese restaurant to pick up some takeaway for tea one nite , we parked behind the restaurant here in Adelaide ...Elizabeth ...started walking towards the front entrance area when my b/inlaw swore he could hear a baby crying , to start with he thought it was coming from the waste bin , but after looking around we discovered it was actually coming from a car parked right near the rear staff entrance door, we decided we would ring the local cops and sat there and waited for about 5 - 10 mins for them to turn up .....once they arrived they entered the restaurant and came back out with an Asian woman following them ......her words , could not get someone to watch baby whilst i work , but every 2 - 3 mins i come check.....HA what a load of s h i t e , like i said we were there for at least 10 mins and never saw any sign of her ......dont ever know what did happen about it , but i hope she had the book shoved right down her throat , no need for anyone to leave any kid in locked cars .... Hate to think what could of happened if it wasnt for my b/inlaw hearing that baby cry.....

Cheers......Dave
AnswerID: 279935

Reply By: Shaker - Saturday, Jan 05, 2008 at 16:33

Saturday, Jan 05, 2008 at 16:33
Mike, I read that they have attended over 1400 cases of children or dogs left in vehicles on hot days in the last 12 months.
AnswerID: 279940

Reply By: Andrew(WA) - Saturday, Jan 05, 2008 at 16:33

Saturday, Jan 05, 2008 at 16:33
Yes..people are stupid.

More stupid are the people who call them self normal and educated, hold positions of authority and able to make the most change for the better but constantly fail to achieve their objectives by allowing such fools to exist and repeatedly commit crime, acts of violence, live like a law unto themselves and when caught, suffer little if any consequences!

I'll go back to work now so some low life can target my hard earned belongings in the future of which I'll pay a hefty insurance premium to protect just to keep the cycle revolving. Good thing I pay a huge tax on my wages on top of all my premiums so these fools can be clothed and fed when it's too cold to venture out and steal.

I wonder when my next urine test will be to see if I am still fit to have a job and pay tax...on the flip side, I wonder when the next doll recipient will be doing his urine test to receive his payment???..oh that's right..they don't have to!

I'm not referring to our Emergency services who do a great job...it's fools above them who are sending us to the dogs in the name of democracy...it should be democrazy!! People are allowed to get away with too much!

There are plenty out there with real mental issues...some dangerous and some not but the outright stupid are everywhere.
AnswerID: 279941

Follow Up By: pop2jocem - Saturday, Jan 05, 2008 at 19:03

Saturday, Jan 05, 2008 at 19:03
now now andrew your not suggesting that these morons should be held accountable for their own actions? how politically incorrect of you ;-)

just another member of the silent majority
pop
FollowupID: 544168

Follow Up By: whyallacookie - Sunday, Jan 06, 2008 at 12:10

Sunday, Jan 06, 2008 at 12:10
Hope your still taking your anger management medication and attending your classes
FollowupID: 544288

Follow Up By: Andrew(WA) - Sunday, Jan 06, 2008 at 14:38

Sunday, Jan 06, 2008 at 14:38
I'm still trying different medications...I failed the Anger management class!
FollowupID: 544309

Follow Up By: Pezza (Bris) - Sunday, Jan 06, 2008 at 18:16

Sunday, Jan 06, 2008 at 18:16
Andrew,

That has to be the best description I have ever read on our screwed up society !
Short, sweet, 100% accurate and makes the point clear as rainwater.
Well said !!

Cheers
Pezza

FollowupID: 544320

Follow Up By: Andrew(WA) - Sunday, Jan 06, 2008 at 19:32

Sunday, Jan 06, 2008 at 19:32
well thank you Pezza...but just a fleeting moment letting off some steam

FollowupID: 544334

Reply By: Kiwi & "Mahindra" - Saturday, Jan 05, 2008 at 19:11

Saturday, Jan 05, 2008 at 19:11
A girl Nath has worked with in the security industry brought her baby, from newborn, to work on night shift - her husband was a dck and refused to work, she wanted to do the right thing and breast feed her baby but she was made to work......so she "had no choice"....he also refused to help with the baby too!

She has now left him.....

Laura
AnswerID: 279972

Follow Up By: Member - Dunworkin (WA) - Saturday, Jan 05, 2008 at 23:03

Saturday, Jan 05, 2008 at 23:03
Gee Laura, it took her a long time to wake up!!!!lol, at least nine months!!!!!! hope all goes well for her.

Cheers

D

Simba, our much missed baby.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 544205

Reply By: Member - Dunworkin (WA) - Saturday, Jan 05, 2008 at 23:09

Saturday, Jan 05, 2008 at 23:09
Hi Mike, about a month ago over here there was a 2yo left in a hot car while the "guardians" (supposed to be parents) took another car off to Fremantle to pick up other members of the family, there excuse was that they didn't realise that she was still in the car. They were away for a few hours. The child died, the worst possible outcome.

Cheers

Deanna

Simba, our much missed baby.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 280009

Reply By: whyallacookie - Sunday, Jan 06, 2008 at 12:15

Sunday, Jan 06, 2008 at 12:15
The other problem can be people who are a little too anal about this. We have twins and although they car can not be moved while running my wife was abused one day (46 degrees) for leaving the kids in the car (babies asleep in capsules) while she pulled up at the front doors on a petrol station and went inside to get a drink.

The car was nice and cool inside, (she left the aircon running) had a steel bracket that prevented it being driven or put in gear until the hefty padlock and bar was removed.

A guy had a go at her for leaving them in the car. It was a hell of a lot hotter out of the car not to mention the time it takes to take out two babies and take them with you etc.

Another woman and a guy got stuck in to the guy for his comments then let my wife in front of them just to bleep him off.

I would never advocate locking kids in a car or leaving them in a hot car but there are times when common sense needs to prevail
AnswerID: 280070

Sponsored Links