ExplorOz Mega Draw Feedback

Submitted: Friday, Jan 11, 2008 at 21:39
ThreadID: 53368 Views:2239 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived

Related Pages

WE have a dog a German Shepherd and we are concerned about dog acceptance in caravan and camping parks and want to travel Oz a lot. What are our prospects ?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Willem - Friday, Jan 11, 2008 at 21:53

Friday, Jan 11, 2008 at 21:53
There is a book Camping with Dogs. Gives you all places where dogs are acceptable. Book can be bought from this site. Go to SHOP and do a search.
AnswerID: 281091

Reply By: Shaker - Friday, Jan 11, 2008 at 22:50

Friday, Jan 11, 2008 at 22:50
Don't worry, as Willem said there are publications that will help you, all of the Boiling Billy Publications camp site books for each State show which areas accept dogs. You will also find that a lot of caravan parks also accept dogs.
We take our Golden Retriever everywhere we go, to be honest, if he isn't welcome, then we don't want to go there!
AnswerID: 281110

Follow Up By: Waza & Wend - Saturday, Jan 12, 2008 at 15:27

Saturday, Jan 12, 2008 at 15:27
Hi,

Interested in what the longest trip is you have done with your Retriever and what, if any, were the major challenges you encountered. We have a beautiful 3yr old boy Retriever and we are leaving for a 4 month trip moving from WA and ending up in back home in Qld. We were going to try to get family to look after him but it is proving to be a struggle, and the fact that we would miss him too much......
FollowupID: 545546

Reply By: Member - Olcoolone (S.A) - Saturday, Jan 12, 2008 at 08:12

Saturday, Jan 12, 2008 at 08:12
We travel with our dogs for competitions on a regular basis. We have found that If you have your own accomodation, they are accepted at the majority of places. There are some Caravan Parks however that will not accept them regardless, but as previously stated if the parks are not prepared to take dogs, why bother staying there. Responsible Dog owners travel with their Dogs because they are a part of the family, and most family's take the kids away with them. There are however the Odd Few Dog owners that don't do the right thing and this can sometimes upset the whole situation for everybody else. We have come across a town in the South East of SA that make it very difficult for People travelling with dogs to find accomodation.

Enjoy your Holiday with your GSD, I look forward to hearing about your adventures once you return.

AnswerID: 281140

Reply By: Izey76 - Sunday, Jan 13, 2008 at 21:14

Sunday, Jan 13, 2008 at 21:14
Hi gardenut I travelled around Oz about 4 years ago with my Staffy and always found somewhere to stay There are a couple of books about travelling with dogs, Holidaying with dogs from life be in it, Bush camping with dogs and Camps Aus tells you if you can have a dog at the campsites.
Having the dog with us did make it a little tougher travelling when you want to go into NP's but we just tied him up to the car with some water.I found that the eastern states where not as dog friendly as the western and central states.

Cheers

Clint
AnswerID: 281465

Sponsored Links