Towbar

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 12, 2008 at 15:09
ThreadID: 53392 Views:1531 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Could anyone let me know where to find a reasonable priced tow bar for a Suzuki XL7 2001. Much appreciated
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Gob & Denny(hampton park vic) - Saturday, Jan 12, 2008 at 17:13

Saturday, Jan 12, 2008 at 17:13
would help if you told us where you are ??????
steve
AnswerID: 281222

Reply By: splits - Saturday, Jan 12, 2008 at 17:17

Saturday, Jan 12, 2008 at 17:17
Darren

You have to be very careful looking for "reasonably priced " tow bars. I will always remember an incident involving a near new Commodore sedan at work in the early 1980s. The owner thought a genuine GM bar was too expensive so he found a cheaper one. The genuine bar had a brace running forward to an attachment point above the diff but the cheaper one did not. The cheaper bar did not distribute the load properly and large ripples soon appeared on both sides of the body from the bottom of the rear window to the top of the wheel arches.

If you can't afford a new genuine Suzuki bar (if they are still available) or a recognised brand like Haymen Reece then I would start by checking the wreckers or Ebay. Last year on Ebay I bought a genuine Toyota "forestry" bar in excellent condition for for $76. They were no longer available from Toyota but were still listed on their computers for $412. A wrecker quoted me $175 for a Hayman Reece but that was still far cheaper than a new one.

Brian

AnswerID: 281224

Sponsored Links