Fridge compartments

Submitted: Sunday, Jan 13, 2008 at 12:39
ThreadID: 53429 Views:1550 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,
I've done a search, and quick scan through the posts, though nothing relates to my question. Has anyone put dividers into the baskets in their fridge? I'm trying to overcome the "black hole" syndrome.... when you remove one item, everything else gets sucked into the empty space. I recall in one post, a person had used the corrugated plastic board to protect the inside of their fridge, and wondered if this had been tried by anyone to make compartments?

All and any ideas will be welcome.

TIA.

Wayne.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - greg S (QLD) - Sunday, Jan 13, 2008 at 15:23

Sunday, Jan 13, 2008 at 15:23
Wayne,

Corflute (I think that's how it is spelt), the same stuff they use for real estate signs would probably work, or maybe try a thin plastic cutting board.

Greg
AnswerID: 281386

Reply By: DesF - Sunday, Jan 13, 2008 at 15:56

Sunday, Jan 13, 2008 at 15:56
Hi ,it may have been my reply a whil ago about lining the Engel with visy board to stop the cans rubbing the evaporator, I also have made a cross divider from the same stuff as you say it stops the cans etc dropping in the hole when you take the water/milk bottle out.
Also have same thing in the food boxes . thus keeping the same type of things in their section.also stop the cans rubbing the packets etc and when not wanted they fold flat to save space.
Cheers Des.
AnswerID: 281397

Reply By: Member - Dalb (SA) - Monday, Jan 14, 2008 at 11:38

Monday, Jan 14, 2008 at 11:38
Wayne

Mate of mine got tired of 'black hole' syndrome everytime SWMBO took the bubbly out of the fridge, or esky, to fill her glass.
He got a piece of plastic downpipe and cut it to the length of the upright bottle, then drilled large holes all over it to let the cold in. The bottle can now be retrieved and replaced easily, no matter how many are consumed in an innings.

It works a treat......

bottoms up....... cheers, Dalb
Cheers, Dalb

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 281541

Sponsored Links