Flojet pump

Submitted: Sunday, Jan 13, 2008 at 22:06
ThreadID: 53456 Views:2357 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,
I have bought a flojet pump which I intend mounting on my camper trailer. A couple of questions for those in the know.
How water proof are these pumps? Is it ok to mount it on the outside of the camper or does it need to be inside. Best spot seems to be on the front of the main trailer box, here it would be protected from direct rain by the drawbar tool box but might still get a bit wet when driving in the rain. Would I need to build a box around it?
I bought the one the salesman recommended without looking too closely at it, the model I have is a 2135-568, delivers 6.4lpm at 75 psi. This psi seems high to me, will this be ok or should I take it back & exchange it for a lower pressure one? I intend using an inline 10" water filter which will reduce this pressure back a bit.
My camper trailer only has a 60l water tank so I only use thie water for drinking, washing up etc, not showering. But am considering mounting a second tank and then might use the water for showering.
Thanks, from Marty.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Outnabout David (SA) - Sunday, Jan 13, 2008 at 22:16

Sunday, Jan 13, 2008 at 22:16
Marty,

Those pumps are not submersible but they are quitre water proof.
That particular pump is one that comes with 12v herbicide sprayers with 100 and 200 litre tanks. Trust me these are left out in the open for months in some cases. rain won't hurt it but maybe frequent river crossings may.

The psi will be fine. That is what I have on my unit and works fine.
Just make sure the fittings are air tight as these pumps don't ike sucking air.
AnswerID: 281480

Follow Up By: MartyB - Sunday, Jan 13, 2008 at 22:22

Sunday, Jan 13, 2008 at 22:22
Thanks for the reply David, that was what I was hoping to hear.
from Marty.
FollowupID: 545802

Sponsored Links