Is rear seat of 1988 Hilux interchangeable?

Submitted: Monday, Jan 14, 2008 at 23:54
ThreadID: 53501 Views:2278 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Ladies & Gents. I have just purchased a 1988 dual cab Hilux. My rug rats sit on the back seat in their booster seats as required and when I go over speed humps etc their heads can come into contact with the rear window.Ouch!!!.

My question is are the rear seats of the '88 interchangeable with any of the later (say 1989) Hilux rear seats fitted with headrests?. Are any Hiluxs rear seats fitted with headrests more importantly?. You never see photos of the interior so I cannot find even a photo to help. Any ideas on how I can replace/modify the rear seat so that I can have headrests for them?. Will rear seats of any other dual cabs 'fit'?.
Many Thanks in advance
Rob
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Stephen M (NSW) - Tuesday, Jan 15, 2008 at 09:57

Tuesday, Jan 15, 2008 at 09:57
Hi Rob, yes the later model lux's 97 onwards have head rests. My mate had a 98 base model duel cab and it had headrests part of the moulding not the type that you could lift up and down (adjust). I had a 89 SR5 d/cab which still didnt have headrests on the rear seats so you will need the next model up, 97 upwards. You say yours is an 88 model, this is right on the change. Is yours a 2.8D LN106 or is it the 2.4D ? I have never checked as to wether the 2 seats are interchangeable you will have to check but I do know for sure the seats in the 97 upwards the rear part of the seat is more layed back not so upright so alot more comfortable hence the shorter tray on the 97 models as the cab is longer. You can try this web site out http://www.outerlimits4x4.com/ go to the toyota section. Heaps of guys with hilux's on there. Hope this helps you out. Regards Steve M
AnswerID: 281721

Reply By: 88Hilux - Friday, Jan 18, 2008 at 00:16

Friday, Jan 18, 2008 at 00:16
Thanks Steve M for replying and providing your input.I appreciate the guidance. I'll check out the site.I knew someone would've been down this road before.
Thanks again
Rob
AnswerID: 282189

Sponsored Links