Save space in a Nuvi

Submitted: Wednesday, Jan 16, 2008 at 23:23
ThreadID: 53566 Views:1778 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
If you want to get more mapping room for software and POIs in a Nuvi, then next time it is connected to the PC open the Nuvi memory , open Garmin/ Voice and delete all the foriegn voices you don't need, I saved 80.3 MB , the unit works fine without them , if you have any doubts copy them to a folder , then they could be put back if needed,

.DO NOT DELETE OTHER FILES

gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: gilghana - Thursday, Jan 17, 2008 at 07:32

Thursday, Jan 17, 2008 at 07:32
Doug,
how does the Nuvi perform as an off-road GPS? I am really tired of peering at a tiny screen (Garmin 60), but living in West Africa there is sod all use for turn-by turn voice prompts etc . Have been looking at the 276 plotter type, but you can get a bigger screen for less with Nuvi type and it doesn't have to be waterproof! All I really need is to be able to up load wayponts and tracks, and the usual GPS stuff like headings, marking and creating tracks. Basic garmin world map actually not so bad (at least in the 60c) for my uses.
Would be interested in your views,
Gil
AnswerID: 282035

Follow Up By: Member - Doug T (FNQ) - Thursday, Jan 17, 2008 at 09:47

Thursday, Jan 17, 2008 at 09:47
Gil
One of these might suit, still has features you don't need....but you never know....it's there if you do. price is high but the quality and screen size is good. can you obtain African mapping software ,

StreetPilot 7200

gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 546533

Follow Up By: Member - Doug T (FNQ) - Thursday, Jan 17, 2008 at 09:53

Thursday, Jan 17, 2008 at 09:53
City Select South Africa v5

gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 546535