oziexplorer and vista with raster maps

Submitted: Friday, Jan 18, 2008 at 08:18
ThreadID: 53605 Views:1516 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
i have a 2 year old version, 3.95 ozi and have tried to load it in to a new laptop with vista. all seems ok including rego, but my raster topos 2005 premium wont load it wont even start. any ideas would be appreciated. i notice on the raster site no mention is made of vista.

regards peter
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Doug T (FNQ) - Friday, Jan 18, 2008 at 08:24

Friday, Jan 18, 2008 at 08:24
Place cursor on the shortcut, 1 right click, PROPERTIES / Compatibillity / and change it Windows XP.

gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 282219

Reply By: The Explorer - Friday, Jan 18, 2008 at 08:26

Friday, Jan 18, 2008 at 08:26
Hello - from Geoscience Australia Natmap Raster troubleshooting page

What should you do if you have problems installing or running NATMAP Raster in Vista?

If you have Vista and you are experiencing problems installing NATMAP Raster the problem is with the file: msi_autorun.exe, which is called from autorun.inf. This is what produces the error message.

Investigation shows that msi_autorun.exe seems to call a file called: "NatMapRasterViewer.msi", however, testing found that opening the contents of the DVD in Explorer, and directly launching the program "NatMapRasterViewer.msi" works OK on Vista.

You will need to install by manually launching "NatMapRasterViewer.msi" from Windows Explorer (you may have to search for this file from the DVD).

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 282220

Reply By: Member - Oldplodder (QLD) - Friday, Jan 18, 2008 at 17:11

Friday, Jan 18, 2008 at 17:11
Got mine about the same time.

Suggest you check you have the latest and download off Ozi from the web page and install it.

I understand updates are free.

Latest version is 3.95.4q, released 20/4/07.
AnswerID: 282294

Sponsored Links