Packing a BW Turbo 300

Submitted: Friday, Jan 18, 2008 at 09:33
ThreadID: 53606 Views:1699 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I've just bought and used a Black Wolf Turbo 300 tent. A bloody great piece of equipment!

My only problem at the moment is in packing it away the morning after. I haven't quite got the hang of it yet. Any suggestions from BW Turbo owners on how best to roll the tent such that it can be put back in its carry-bag?

Cheers

John
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Dalb (SA) - Friday, Jan 18, 2008 at 10:44

Friday, Jan 18, 2008 at 10:44
Johnnic

I bought the BW 240 last year and for a while lost plenty of sweat and much swearing trying to get it back in the carry bag.
But, like all things, it gets much easier with practice.

When you get to the point of folding in all the legs, with the folded tent poles still upright, shake and pull the flooring upwards so that it is doubled up as little as possible. Then lie it on the ground and continue to shape the whole thing until it is close to the shape of the bag. then place in the bag. The fly can then be fitted in to any available space in the bag.

i am very happy with my BW.

hope this helps, cheers, Dalb
Cheers, Dalb

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 282237

Reply By: Member - John D (VIC) - Friday, Jan 18, 2008 at 17:18

Friday, Jan 18, 2008 at 17:18
Hi John,
I have the Turbo 350, as you mentioned, a bloody great piece of equipment!
Also, as the previous poster said, it takes a little time to master the rolling up and packing the tent in the bag.

I found that when I got to the point of having all the 'legs' folded up I basically needed to be an octopus to keep it all together, so I got a large heavy duty elastic band that I would slip over the top of the legs to keep them together, next I would grab the floor and lift up so that the legs would drop down until the floor material was higher than the legs.
Next, lay the tent on the ground or tarp and start rolling up, keeping the rolls rather tight (similar to how you would roll up the folds of an umbrella), when you have got the tent rolled up, slip the strap underneath and clip in & pull the strap tight.

The tent should now fit easily in the bag with the fly and the bag of pegs etc and teh zip will do up by pinching the bag together if needed.

It all gets easier with practice, have fun!

John D
AnswerID: 282296

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Friday, Jan 18, 2008 at 17:44

Friday, Jan 18, 2008 at 17:44
When to the Adelaide 4WD Show last October with the intention of buying either the Black Wolf Turbo, or an Oztent.

I wanted a tent that I could use when not taking the Camper Trailer.
The stand selling the Turbo had a video running, demonstrating how to erect and collapse the tent. This is a "Turbo" I thought to myself.
This looked more complicated than collapsing the spring loaded dunny tent and had more legs and joints than a tarantula spider.

Then I looked at the Oztent. Piece of p*ss I thought.
So I bought the Oztent. A "bloody better than great" piece of equipment.

Sorry folks, but the Oztent leaves the Black Wolf Turbo for dead, for putting up and taking down. It really is a 30 second tent. First time.
It also has a more practical size awning and when coupled with the optional side panels gives a great living space in all weather conditions.

The negative with the Oztent is it's size (length) when packed.
Yes, you need to have a roof rack to carry it and this may detract some people from buying it.

But comparing the two.....like chalk and cheese!

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 282310

Reply By: johnnic - Saturday, Jan 19, 2008 at 13:24

Saturday, Jan 19, 2008 at 13:24
Thanks for the help guys. I'll take your collective advice (except I don't think I'll be swapping to an Oztent anytime soon - I reckon the Turbo 300 is the go).

John
AnswerID: 282491

Sponsored Links