Do we have a record yet with Pick this Place Competition?

Submitted: Friday, Jan 18, 2008 at 10:49
ThreadID: 53610 Views:1470 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
At the moment there are 351 incorrect submissions to the competition......what is the record? :-)

Surely with the answer being ............. National Park in WA, there must be something wrong with either the answer or the clue.....There aren't that many National Parks in WA to choose from.... (most places seem to be Reserves or Marine Parks).

I suspect something obscure to this answer......

Andrew
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Damian - Friday, Jan 18, 2008 at 13:10

Friday, Jan 18, 2008 at 13:10
Hello,

Apologies to everyone. I have looked at the logs and the Pick this Place was answered (multiple times). Unfortunately the place was in SA instead of WA as the GPS location was right on the border. I have now corrected this to be on the WA side.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

AnswerID: 282258

Follow Up By: JJ - Friday, Jan 18, 2008 at 14:16

Friday, Jan 18, 2008 at 14:16
Hi Damian,
I too had entered this comp. as Eucla National Park in WA, as having lived there for 20 years, I was sure that was it... I even compared the surrounds with some of my pix - some similar, but no match! I was totally unaware that it was I who had submitted it!!! Duh! But then, I also understood that one would be advised when submission would be featured!
And of course, not having GPS I was unable to supply co-ords... sorry! However, to those interested, the SA-WA border-line defines Nullarbor National Park (SA) and Eucla National Park (WA). This would have to be one of the smallest N.P.'s. The said pic was actually taken a few kms west of the border.
Incidentally, was this a record for most entries? If so, I think I also hold the record for the least entries (pretty sure it was 1 entry) with another Eucla submission, way back.
cheers JJ
FollowupID: 546763

Sponsored Links