Patrol GPS

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 19, 2008 at 03:14
ThreadID: 53643 Views:1626 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Does anyone know if additional software can be loaded to the new model Patrols original GPS system, & what it is compatible with?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Steve O (NSW) - Saturday, Jan 19, 2008 at 06:34

Saturday, Jan 19, 2008 at 06:34
Hi Smithy,

If you have got what I have got in my 2007 Ti which is a VDO Dayton PC5200 I believe the answer is that you cannot load any additional/alternative software other than Sensis.

I posed the same question to Nissan, VDO and Sensis and got the above response. When I asked about the DVD-ROM Installation Assistant that is mentioned in VDO's product information sheet and is supposed to allow you to "copy maps and data from this media onto a SD card" I was told that is was a typographical error. (Quite a big one I would suggest).

Bottom line is that, as it is a Nissan badged product and therefore tailored to their requirements, operating software upgrades can only be obtained from them. In regard to mapping software, only Sensis will work.

I hope this helps and would be pleased to hear if anyone has been given different information.

Regards,

SteveO

AnswerID: 282410

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Saturday, Jan 19, 2008 at 08:53

Saturday, Jan 19, 2008 at 08:53
typographical error HAHAHAHAHA oops I accidentally hit the "copy maps and data from this media onto a SD card" instead of the "o"

classic
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 546930

Sponsored Links