sorry had to go on short notice

Submitted: Monday, Jun 09, 2003 at 21:53
ThreadID: 5366 Views:1768 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Well the handbrake came home from work early this morning and wanted to go out so we got our gear together asap and left for Tallarook sp .(sorry to all wanting a shared trip.)
I must say it is very popular up there especially with the two wheeled type of powered vehicle which can be annoying at times but was ok with me on the day (i used to ride too), had a lunch break at Freemans camp pretty busy but would be a great spot if it was cleaned up a little .
After lunch a little bit of light touring and a drive up Mt Hickey , excellant views up there , recent winds have knocked a few tree down as well.
My question is has anyone ever been all the way down phone track(car or bike) from the top of Mt Hickey past the towers (not Mountain track) which leads to Main rd near Flat Rock Camp and lived to tell the tale especially in winter ,
I seen a few tracks and some gung ho 4bies as well that may have been up there but no wheel tracks going all the way up .
The Navara had a little go but took a safe exit due to insufficient lift and crappy tyres but it was a fun day all in all .
Well worth a drive not far from Melbourne or central vic .

I used ron moons guide and the Tallarook activities map.(great help from Seymour info centre ) .
CHEERS1999 NISSAN NAVARA DUALCAB
DIESEL 3.2 & SPRINGY CARLTON TOY
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: diamond (bendigo) - Wednesday, Jun 11, 2003 at 18:22

Wednesday, Jun 11, 2003 at 18:22
sounds like a good day out.
sounds like you have to pay me a visit about your tyres and susspention.
them try again.looking foward to september(landcruiser park/fraser island)
AnswerID: 22319

Sponsored Links