helicopter over the Bungle Bungles

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 19, 2008 at 15:55
ThreadID: 53666 Views:4082 Replies:6 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Im interested to hear from anyone who has done this flight recently (last year or two), flying from within the park itself. How long timewise are the flights, how much does it cost, did you enjoy it etc.

Thanks,

Val.
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: David from David and Justine Olsen's 4WD Tag-Along - Saturday, Jan 19, 2008 at 16:13

Saturday, Jan 19, 2008 at 16:13
I didn't do it last year, but my guests did. It is a great flight.

From slingair

Bungle Bungle (Purnululu National Park)

Operates Regularly, April to November from the Bellburn Airstrip
Duration
30 minutes - Bungle Bungle Helicopter: Spectaular Look at the Bungle Bungle
18 minutes - Domes Special: A small taste if the beehive domes of the Bungle Bungle
48 minutes - The Long Look: Explore the Purnululu National Park

Includes
This helicopter flight is a must when you are in the Purnululu National Park. Take a close up look at the gorges you have walked through and see spectacular areas not accessible by ground. Includes Cathedral Gorge, Piccaninny Gorge and Creek, Deep Gorge, Y Gorge plus much, much more.

Bookings Tel: 08 9168 7335 or 08 9168 1811
Price

A - Adult $265, Child (3-12) $215

A18 - Adult $185, Child(3-12) $135

A48 - Adult $450, Child $400

* Please bring a jacket
AnswerID: 282519

Reply By: Wayne (NSW) - Saturday, Jan 19, 2008 at 17:54

Saturday, Jan 19, 2008 at 17:54
Val,

It is worth while doing the flight over the Bungles. A early flight would be better and what we do is fly in the morning and walk latter in the day. It is a bit hotter but it is worth while.

There are no doors on the helicopter so hang on tight

View of the land form, from the ground

Cathedral Gorge. Huge

Echidna Chasm. Tight.

You will love the Bungles, so much to see.

Wayne
AnswerID: 282534

Reply By: Pete and Lez - Saturday, Jan 19, 2008 at 21:21

Saturday, Jan 19, 2008 at 21:21
John and Val, About 3yrs ago my Father in law went on that flight, and he was rapt. For my F.I.L. to spend that sort of money in that short a time, AND have absolutely no complaints, IS MIND BLOWING. It must be good.
Cheers Pete and Lez
AnswerID: 282566

Reply By: fruers - Saturday, Jan 19, 2008 at 23:43

Saturday, Jan 19, 2008 at 23:43
We met one couple that had flown over the day before they hiked in (and we are now pretty good friends with) who really enjoyed the flight but said they never would have done it after experiencing how badly the air traffic contrasts with the feeling of the place.
AnswerID: 282615

Reply By: Member - Dunworkin (WA) - Saturday, Jan 19, 2008 at 23:58

Saturday, Jan 19, 2008 at 23:58
We did it last year, Flew in the helicopter without doors LOL I hung on with one hand (very tight) and with the other held the camera out and just clicked away, got some great photos, (and some bad) it was well worth the money and fantastic scenery. Definitely don't miss it.

Cheers

D

Simba, our much missed baby.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 282619

Reply By: Member - Cocka - Sunday, Jan 20, 2008 at 10:13

Sunday, Jan 20, 2008 at 10:13
SWMBO shouted me a flight on my birthday a couple of years back. WOW! was the end emotion . . . "how good was that!"Well worth the dollars spent was my opinion. Never walk away from something that you may never have the chance to experience again.

I'm a camera buff and look for the good light. Early morning was really good and they give you plenty of time up there. If your using film, make sure you have a new roll installed before flying. I was able to literally hang out the doors so strap the camera round the neck in case. What you don't see from ground level is the way Purnululu rises out from the surrounding flat terrain. Truley magnificent.

Depending on your interests, there's lots to see and do in the national park & the NPWS service put on nice shows.
2-3 days camping is well worth while.

Don't live this experience of life with any regrets.
AnswerID: 282653

Sponsored Links