GPS Navigator finally purchased

Submitted: Monday, Jan 21, 2008 at 19:41
ThreadID: 53751 Views:2069 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
After doing all the research possible I bought the Mio 520. Partly due to Mike Hardings findings on the 220 and partly because I got the 520 for $387......
Seems to have all I want and has an "Off road" capability yet to be tried, will report on that after I have a chance to get into the Brindabellas onto some of the fire trails.
I did look at all the others, Tom Tom seemed the best of a very good bunch but Mio won simply because a) I like the voice and b) the guy at JB Hi Fi gave me an outstanding price....It works inside and somehow knows where I live...
Casual Skirt is catered for with the Mi Mi club and several sex shops in Fyshwick being noted as POI's... What more could a man want?
Even has a "dog walk" mode but as the dog is of Teutonic heritage I'd have to switch it to German so the Dog could follow instructions.... 'You vill cocken ze leggen in 20metres"....
All to much but I thought I'd let you all know....
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Footloose - Monday, Jan 21, 2008 at 19:45

Monday, Jan 21, 2008 at 19:45
Don't get too excited Baz. You wouldn't be the first to listen to that sexy voice instructing you to "turn right"...straight into the oncoming traffic.
As my little dashboard girlfriend once said to me, "Ve haf vays of making you..."
AnswerID: 282951

Follow Up By: Mr Fawlty - Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 10:36

Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 10:36
Yep, most intersetingk. I have "phillipa" an aussie on at the moment but could also switch to Otto the german but Inga the swedish girl sounds nice too... How they get these people into those little boxes gets me and how they know so much about where I'm going beats me....Oh well modern technology...
FollowupID: 547884

Reply By: Mike Harding - Tuesday, Jan 22, 2008 at 17:55

Tuesday, Jan 22, 2008 at 17:55
Nice one Fawlty - especially at $387!

Cnet gives it a good write-up:
Mio C520

It will have mapping at least as good as my C220 and, given that the C220 is a road GPS, I've been impressed with its off road track data.

>It works inside and somehow knows where I live...

Eeemmmm... they are watching you Fawlty :)

>Casual Skirt is catered for with the Mi Mi club

Sounds like a good place for us to catch up for that G&T? :)

Let us know how you go with it, please.

Mike Harding

AnswerID: 283153

Reply By: Mr Fawlty - Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 10:41

Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 10:41
Already one serious fault has emerged... This is sposed to have text to speach so that it tells you to "Turn right at Middleton Circuit" but it dosen't so I'm not sure what the deal is it just gives me the "turn right in 20 metres"
Maybe it's to do with the data available on the digital maps... or the TMC which is not available in Canberra... I'll make further enquiries....
AnswerID: 283274

Sponsored Links