new car

Submitted: Tuesday, Jan 22, 2008 at 22:56
ThreadID: 53807 Views:1908 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Finally spat the dummy with the 2.8, and now have a flash '04 ST-L in the driveway.....I'll put a few pics in rig pics tomorrow........

Uses less fuel, better power (not much quicker, but sooo much more driveable) Has the flash leather interior, that will have to be covered soon, still havent decided canvas or cloth or other..., needs a new ex oz sticker...

Anyone want to buy a '98 2.8 patrol, never been offroad, runs like a dream, never had a problem, cheap and easy to fix (so I'm told!)??

Cheers Andrew
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: stefan P (Penrith NSW) - Tuesday, Jan 22, 2008 at 23:03

Tuesday, Jan 22, 2008 at 23:03
4.2???

Tell ya what mate, I'll pay your frieght charges to ship it here and we will call it even :)

I'll put your 2.8 on the rear axle and have a 5.6lt 12 cylinder Patrol woo-hoo :)

Good stuff Andrew, not been a good run with the 2.8 for you has it :(

Cheers Stefan
AnswerID: 283224

Follow Up By: Member - andrew B (Kununurra) - Tuesday, Jan 22, 2008 at 23:16

Tuesday, Jan 22, 2008 at 23:16
Should have said 4.2 TD-i. The 2.8 hasn't been good for me, but it has taken me to some good places, and taught me a few things I didn't really want to know.

I Drove it up from Perth (3300km in 2 days) and it was a dream to drive - the seats are great, cruise control a godsend, and not a drop of coolant lost. I'vve got to the stage now where the smell of hot leaking coolant almost makes me vomit!

The old one is probably a good option for a repower.....but I don't know that a dodgey 2.8 bolted to another is going to help!

Next month comes the transfer of goodies from the old one!

hope yours keeps going well, the last straw for me was a fuel cut solenoid. couldn,t be bypasssed or bodgeyed up because the ecu wouldn't give fuel to start and run until it was fixed....an $800 repair, 5 extra days of annual leave, and 5 days accom. and hire car...
Cheers Andrew

FollowupID: 547835

Reply By: Member - andrew B (Kununurra) - Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 10:21

Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 10:21
The pics are in the profile......I wonder if the keg will fit in an engle 2 zone........
AnswerID: 283271

Reply By: Member - Nick (TAS) - Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 18:59

Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 18:59
And you bought another Nissan.....some people never learn.
Na, good buy.At least you didnt get a 3lt jobbie.If I was to buy another 4wd, this is what it would be.
Hows things going up there, getting a bit of rain.I usually have a look on weatherzone each day still to see what it is doing.
Im flat out at work but first chance of a bigger break and Ill be back for a look.
Enjoy the new vehicle.
AnswerID: 283384

Follow Up By: Member - andrew B (Kununurra) - Thursday, Jan 24, 2008 at 23:44

Thursday, Jan 24, 2008 at 23:44
Gday Nick

Things are (always) good up here, although not fishing enough.....

I put a few redclaw traps in today, and it was great not to have to put it in low range to get the boat out, virtually just idled up the ramp.

Its been a good wet (IMO), not a huge amount of rain, but fairly consistant with no prolonged periods of 43 degree days. Drove through one of the best storms I've seen the other night, could of driven without headlights with the amount of lightning!

Good to hear you are busy (when self employed)....thats one of the things that keeps me in mining, there is work and then there is home, no crossover.

Maybe one day we'll make it down to tassie.......the kids will freeze! Brianna isn't too bad with the cold, but William gets the shivers at about 27 degrees!

Cheers ANdrew
FollowupID: 548260

Sponsored Links