Moreton Island Conditions

Submitted: Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 11:07
ThreadID: 53824 Views:1669 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
has anybody recently come back from Moreton? We're heading there this weekend to the North Point Campground. With all the bad weather I was wondering what the track conditions etc are like over there.

Thanks!!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Axel [ the real one ] - Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 20:08

Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 20:08
Beach front at Coomboya c/ground is now a NO DRIVE zone , $50 fine ,, to get to the Nth Point campground is now an all inland journey that is 13klm from Bulwer , track is rough as due to the extra traffic ,, middle track east /west and track west / east is smoothest in the last 5 yrs , west side beaches full of weed , east side beach fromlighthouse full of flotsam and jetsum , west side beach from blue lagoon to camel rock only at very low tide , erosion very bad atcamel rock ,no way even at low tide past ,,, only realy good news that I can give you is that the bait / tackle shop next to the bulwer servo is back in buisness and also a new bait and tackle near the bulwer fire station , , oh yeah as an extra the beach is a NO Drive zone 1 klm from the Champayne pools so now its a loooong walk to do any rock fishing .
AnswerID: 283402

Follow Up By: RussellV - Thursday, Jan 24, 2008 at 10:01

Thursday, Jan 24, 2008 at 10:01
Thanks Axel, that's exactly what I was after. Just a clarification please - Blue Lagoon to Camel Rock should that be East side beach as I thought Blue Lagoon was east-side.

I was intending to cut through the middle road then up the eastern beach to Northpoint Campground. Would this still be an option? If I read your response right it would seem that I would need to re-think this.

Thanks Mate
FollowupID: 548120

Sponsored Links