Trip report - West Kunderang

Submitted: Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 18:44
ThreadID: 53834 Views:1930 Replies:2 FollowUps:7
This Thread has been Archived
Can anyone advise how I get the pix and report from my desktop into the forum please. Have the pix and report all ready to go but cannot figure out how to copy/paste to the forum

Cheers
John T (Lifetime Member)
VKS-737 Mobile 2619
Selcall 2619
"Argue for your limitations and sure enough they're yours" - Richard Bach in "Illusions"

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: CLC50 - Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 20:25

Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 20:25
Hi John Try to upload to Photo Bucket its free you just reg, use the HTTM file Then make all your Photos a movie & upload as a video Copy the file to Photo Bucket & copy Http File to exploreOZ
AnswerID: 283410

Reply By: Trevor R (QLD) - Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 20:59

Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 20:59
In all the reports I have put up, it was just a matter of "Editing/Post Trip Report" and then uploading photo's from respective folders on my desktop to the report. Maybe things have changed since I last posted a report???

Look at previous gatherings to see what others have done, maybe this will help???

Good luck, I'm keen to see the results LOL!!

Trevor.
AnswerID: 283414

Follow Up By: Member - Brian (Gold Coast) - Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 21:21

Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 21:21
Hi Trevor,
I saw some pics put up the other day of the weekend at Kunderang, was that your caravan? How did you go towing it down there? More importantly.... how did you go towing it back up the "driveway"? Lastly, assuming you got it back successfully, what size caravan is it? We are thinking of heading back down there this year, and some friends are keen to come but have just purchased a caravan as well.

Cheers

Brian
FollowupID: 548025

Follow Up By: Trevor R (QLD) - Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 21:49

Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 21:49
Hi Brian,

2 Caravans made it in and out of W Kunderang on the weekend. Willie's 16ft Bushtracker and my 16ft Supreme Getaway. For me, I thought it was a walk in the park, completely controlled in third low on the run down and just as easy coming out in 3rd low with one change back to 2nd low for a minute then back to 3rd. Was wet on Raspberry rd on the way in and this was more a worry (still nothing) than the "hill" down to the river. Don't forget I have the crawler transfer gear so you may be better speaking to Willie in his auto cruiser for the run down on what he thought as well. Even bog standard I reckon most turbo cruisers and patrols should go OK towing in and out. I wouldn't dream of taking my n/a 4.2 GQ in here towing though.

I would say if it is a true offroad van then it will have no probs when towed by competent driver and good tow vehicle, even a solid sprung over older van may go OK but the newer onroads may struggle.

Completely beautiful spot, that I enjoyed immensely.

Cheers, Trevor.
FollowupID: 548032

Follow Up By: Member - Willie , Epping .Syd. - Thursday, Jan 24, 2008 at 09:28

Thursday, Jan 24, 2008 at 09:28
Brian ,

As the green warty King said ,"it was a walk in the park" . Cindy ( the owner) said that they have had 18 ft off road vans and and 16 ft normal vans in and out with no problems , although it is quite steep.

I just used low range and first and second coming down and low range whatever going up . I have an auto TD Cruiser .

Cheers ,

Willie .
FollowupID: 548113

Follow Up By: Pezza (Bris) - Thursday, Jan 24, 2008 at 15:22

Thursday, Jan 24, 2008 at 15:22
Brian,
I went down and back up in 1st high with a 2.8TD GU towing a trailer no problem at all. The only reason I had it in 4H was to save track and tyre wear, not because I actually needed it.

Cheers
Pezza
FollowupID: 548152

Follow Up By: Member - Brian (Gold Coast) - Friday, Jan 25, 2008 at 08:26

Friday, Jan 25, 2008 at 08:26
Thanks for the replies guys... we spent the week between Xmas and new Years at the same camp ground that you guys were at. Truly beautiful isn't it?.. we towed our Cavalier C/T down there no sweat, but some friends of ours are keen to come down next time we go but have just bought a caravan. (Tow vehicle is a N/A 4.2 Maverick.) I'm not sure of the size of the van but will send this thread to him so he can make a decision.

Once again, thanks for your help guys!

Cheers

Brian
FollowupID: 548281

Follow Up By: Trevor R (QLD) - Friday, Jan 25, 2008 at 08:58

Friday, Jan 25, 2008 at 08:58
If he decides to go with a van, it may be better you towing the van out and he towing the camper with his n/a diesel Mav. I may be wrong, but there is nothing (power wise) in my n/a GQ when compared to my GU (which has plenty), so I doubt the GQ would pull my van out????

Have fun,
Trevor.
FollowupID: 548287

Follow Up By: Member - Brian (Gold Coast) - Friday, Jan 25, 2008 at 17:25

Friday, Jan 25, 2008 at 17:25
That's a good idea Trevor, I'll run it past him when we decide to go.

Cheers

Brian
FollowupID: 548384

Sponsored Links