Innaminka to Tibooburra via Cameron Corner

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 24, 2008 at 18:14
ThreadID: 53872 Views:2024 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Planning to go on the above track in June but unsure about taking my pop top [4mts] caravan . If you have been there could please advise on conditions eg sand hills
thank you carlj
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: George_M - Thursday, Jan 24, 2008 at 18:45

Thursday, Jan 24, 2008 at 18:45
I was up that way last August.

The main road via Moomba was in good condition, but very rocky. No trouble for your van, provided you let some air out of your tires and keep your speed down.

The Bore Track via Bollards Lagoon (a more interesting track IMHO) was also in very good condition - a few sand hills but no trouble for people towing vans or camper trailers.

I'm not sure if there has been any rain through that area recently.

George_M
Come any closer and I'll rip your throat out!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 283582

Follow Up By: carlj - Thursday, Jan 24, 2008 at 18:49

Thursday, Jan 24, 2008 at 18:49
thanks George_M [interesting profile]
FollowupID: 548201

Reply By: Gronk - Friday, Jan 25, 2008 at 09:23

Friday, Jan 25, 2008 at 09:23
Went that way last July and the road from Innaminka to Moomba was in good condition ( we sat on a steady 80 - 85 K's ) but the road to Cameron Corner was fantastic ( one of the best dirt roads I have ever seen !!! ) Best roller coaster ride this side of Disneyland !!! We sat on nearly 100K's and I could have sworn I had air a couple of times.....but as we were towing CT's we tried to keep it sensible...

The road to Tibooburra was OK too, nothing out of the ordinary..
AnswerID: 283679

Follow Up By: carlj - Friday, Jan 25, 2008 at 15:41

Friday, Jan 25, 2008 at 15:41
sounds like you had a good time i expect we will enjoy our trip ds well
FollowupID: 548371

Reply By: Member - John and Val W (ACT) - Friday, Jan 25, 2008 at 11:28

Friday, Jan 25, 2008 at 11:28
Did this in July - used the Bore Track which is an interesting drive, and the track then was in pretty good condition. However we were not towing, but just drive to the conditions, let tyres down as necessary and you should be OK. Watch out for emus and the occasional corrugated patch.
The track over the many brilliant red dunes is hard capped. Make sure you have at least a good large scale map as there are many turn-offs to mining areas, and the Bore Track does not always follow what looks like the main track.
Check with locals if there has been recent rain as that would make for more difficult conditions. But if the rain has cleared then there is likely to be a great wildflower display. Some of the tracks on Bollards Lagoon ($10 fee) have been re-routed around low lying areas.
Watch out for the visitor area at Fort Grey where NPWS want you to pay $7 as a day visitor. Road from Cameron Corner into Tibooburra is formed gravel, maybe a few corrugations.
Cheers,
Val.
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 283705

Follow Up By: carlj - Friday, Jan 25, 2008 at 15:40

Friday, Jan 25, 2008 at 15:40
Thank you this sounds good carnt wait to get going it has been to long between visits to the outback.
thank you john and val
FollowupID: 548369

Sponsored Links