Happy Australia Day o/t

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 26, 2008 at 20:35
ThreadID: 53914 Views:2195 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
So, the sit on lawbmower people came out and fixed the mower at 7am today(again). Spent most of the day taming some of my jungle, the place will look passable(hopefully those religious people will pass it by.)

Also it's the first weekend I've been able to wash the cars, the house and the driveway for a long time due to level 6 water restrictions(its rained since Xmas almost every day).
They tell me the beach showers have been turned on. Good for the tourists, but I still can't top up my pool (its topped up naturally anyway by the rain..keeps it green).

God bless the lawnmower man (havent got the bill yet!)
I have o/s visitors arriving next week and am getting sick of worrying about the snake population here. Keeping the grass down at least lets me see and avoid them.

Anyway, the truck is now a clean machine. It must be time to get it dirty again.

Have a good one.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Bruce and Anne - Saturday, Jan 26, 2008 at 20:57

Saturday, Jan 26, 2008 at 20:57
Hi Footloose, love that name an old mate's yacht is called "Foootloose" and he is """" anyway the water crisis (hope your on the gold coast) is sh't look after the tourist first bloody hell. What I did up here in Nanango was to put in a 3000gallon water tank which is solely used for washing the 4BYs and topping up the pool. I brought a pump cost around $160 and has enough pressure for washing the trucks. And the snakes and no mower plenty of weed killer around the boundaries hahahaha.
Cheers Bruce.
AnswerID: 283891

Reply By: Member - Mary W (VIC) - Saturday, Jan 26, 2008 at 21:13

Saturday, Jan 26, 2008 at 21:13
Mine's called "Fishful Thinkin"
I live near the Murray -Mildura area
Cheers !!
"Some people walk in the rain,others just get wet."

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 283893

Reply By: Willem - Saturday, Jan 26, 2008 at 21:30

Saturday, Jan 26, 2008 at 21:30
G'day Footy

We attended Australia Day Breakfast in the Town Hall put on by the Town Council and catered for by Rotary. Around 250 attended including local dignatories and Politicians. Then the speeches had to be endured and Citizen of the Year etc. Slacked off for the rest of the day hiding indoors out of the heat and then in late afternoon started pouring concrete and laying sandstone blocks which will be the new Waterfall, Lilypond and Fish Pank...... We don't have any lawns but the garden is the size of a normal houseblock and there is always work to do....lol

Cheers
AnswerID: 283894

Follow Up By: Member - Fred G (NSW) - Saturday, Jan 26, 2008 at 21:46

Saturday, Jan 26, 2008 at 21:46
Did your mechanic turn up for his award..??? hahaha lol..

FollowupID: 548589

Follow Up By: Willem - Saturday, Jan 26, 2008 at 22:00

Saturday, Jan 26, 2008 at 22:00
Arrrrr yer a funny bugger......LOL
FollowupID: 548591

Sponsored Links