Cape York Feedback

G'day everyone, I'm new here and just have a question about the cape. Is it viable to do Cape York from Cairns to Cairns in 2 weeks and still enjoy it? OTT one way and the development road the other.

Cheers,
Mark.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Footloose - Monday, Jan 28, 2008 at 10:20

Monday, Jan 28, 2008 at 10:20
It certainly is, as long as you don't have an unscheduled 'event'. I've done it and visited Weipa, Chilli Beach, the Tip etc all within two weeks Cairns to Cairns. But I didn't hang around too much.
AnswerID: 284045

Reply By: Member - Brian H (QLD) - Monday, Jan 28, 2008 at 10:21

Monday, Jan 28, 2008 at 10:21
O5 was the last time I went to the Cape and it was Bris to Bris in 28 days. Personally I would next time take at least 6 weeks leaving a min of 3 weeks - 4 weeks even better in the Cape area.

If I remember correctly we spent two weeks or just a little over in the Cape area than with 3 nights in Serica (spelling) and on reflection I would have liked more. of course hindsight is always great :).

So for me 2 weeks is a bit short but you will see a lot and you will have a ball. As for being viable YES and yes you will enjoy it Just have an idea what you want to see and let the rest fall into your time.

Also welcome to the site. NOW get packed and get out there :)

Brian

AnswerID: 284046

Reply By: Rob from Cairns Offroad Training & Tours - Monday, Jan 28, 2008 at 10:25

Monday, Jan 28, 2008 at 10:25
Hi Mark, 2 weeks Cairns - Cairns is quite viable. We regularly do 14 day camp out tours during the season. We do Weipa on the way up then cut across Batavia to Bramwell Station to start the OTL on the way to the top. We stay 2 days at Seisia visiting the Tip and Horn andThursday Islands then travel back with 2 days at Twin Falls. We also visit Capt Billys, Chilli Beach, Lakefield camping at Kalpower Crossing, Cooktown via Battlecamp Road then home via Boomfield track thru Cape Trib. Check this out Cape York
Cheers,
Rob Berrill
Cert IV Instructor\Assessor
Accredited instructor cars\motorcycles\4wds
http://www.cairnsoffroad.com.au
http://www.aussieat.net
http://aussieadtours.blogspot.com/
AnswerID: 284049

Follow Up By: Member - Duncan W (WA) - Monday, Jan 28, 2008 at 11:20

Monday, Jan 28, 2008 at 11:20
Rob the trip report and photos by one of your clients was excellent. The photos provided a really good insight into what to see.
Dunc
Make sure you give back more than you take

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 548804

Reply By: deserter - Monday, Jan 28, 2008 at 14:27

Monday, Jan 28, 2008 at 14:27
I came back from the Tip to Mareeba via the development roads in 2 days. Hard but doable. Not much to see on that road anyway. So allow 11 days up and maybe 3 back.
AnswerID: 284095

Reply By: Member - Matt & Julie (VIC) - Monday, Jan 28, 2008 at 21:23

Monday, Jan 28, 2008 at 21:23
HI GEOFF
Cheers

Matt & Julie

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 284214

Sponsored Links