Adventure Campers Ute Top Camper

Submitted: Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 17:05
ThreadID: 54003 Views:6336 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
G'day all,
I am seriously looking at an Advventure Ute top camper. I have read the reviews and the brochures and have watched the video.
I think that it's the one for me. Is there anyone out there that has had first hand experience with the product that would caution me against the purchase because it doesn't measure up in some way. I am not interested in hearing criticism that is price related. I believe you get what you pay for.
Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: raycam - Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 19:43

Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 19:43
Hi Tamborineman, I cant tell u much about the ute top camper but I have just bought one of their trailers second hand. I've been told mine has been to the Kimberly's twice. The only bits & pieces I have to spend is wear & tear items. ie battery &setting the fridge up so i can put it in the car. I think as a product they are pretty good. the only fault I picked on mine was a few cracks in the roof rack, who knows what they threw up there. I've been on two trips now, and im planning a big trip in june. Cheers Ray.
AnswerID: 284356

Reply By: Tamborineman - Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 20:04

Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 20:04
Thanks Ray
That's good to know.
Regards
AnswerID: 284364

Reply By: Kumunara (NT) - Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 23:44

Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 23:44
Tamborineman

A friend has an adventurer camper trailer and has done trips including the gibb river road and cape york without any problems.

It is a far superior camper trailer to mine.
They are excellent.
Life's great and it just keeps getting better

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 284430

Reply By: Outbacktourer - Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 14:08

Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 14:08
Checked these out pretty seriously a year or so ago but ended up buying a s/h Heaslip. I remember having a lingering concern about the whole bed lowering and locking procedure being a bit tricky and not a simple as the trailer.

OT
AnswerID: 284519

Reply By: Member - colin M (NSW) - Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 17:00

Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 17:00
We brought one for our Ford Ranger single cab tray top camper last August and spent two months around the Eyre and York peninsulas getting to know it.

Basically we are very happy with the unit particularly the bed and kitchen.
Suggest don't do the male thing and put it up without reading the instructions, takes a bit of time to get the bed wind out & down and placing legs and annex right but if you follow the instructions you will get it down pat after 2 goes.

The factory gave us a good demo and some helpful hints and at that time we had not seen video as it was still in production having now seen the video can see how it makes it easier.

The annex fit over the kitchen takes a bit of jiggling to get it right, think it needs some refining but if you get the height from ground right and make sure you lock the bed to the body it should fit quiet well.
We also make a small trolley on rollers so we can fit into our garage as it was a bit high for the door when on the tray.
We are in Tweed Heads if you want to pop around for a look.
AnswerID: 284539

Sponsored Links