caravan park, port macquarie

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 31, 2008 at 16:08
ThreadID: 54081 Views:1956 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
has anybody stayed at marina holiday park in port macquarie, and if so what was it like? thanks........
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Cruiser (NSW) - Thursday, Jan 31, 2008 at 17:15

Thursday, Jan 31, 2008 at 17:15
I haven't stayed there, but know it as I live in Port Macquarie.

It is a small tidy park compared to most of the others in Port Macquarie and is on a reasonably busy road that leads from Settlement City Shopping Centre out to the big ferry at Settlement Point

This road is right beside the river and is a bit quieter during the night, but as the ferry runs 24 hrs.. a day and there is a very popular restaurant at Settlement Point it isn't all that much quieter.

If you can give me an idea of what you are after ie: location close to town, prefer smaller or bigger park, access to shops/parks/walks/cycle ways, price, ensuite or not, slab or not, power or not etc etc, I am happy to help via MM.

Cheers,

Cruiser

AnswerID: 284753

Reply By: Member - barry F (NSW) - Thursday, Jan 31, 2008 at 17:42

Thursday, Jan 31, 2008 at 17:42
Hello, we haven't stayed in that particular park but we had our van at Sundowner Breakwall Caravan park for a week just after Christmas.
It was packed & unfortunately a bit wet. But it is a top spot in our opinion. The amenities were clean as was the park in general. The sites all appeared to be a good size as well.
As the name suggests, it is situated right next to the breakwall & has a beautiful outlook & is a very pleasant spot for a stroll or to drop a fishing line in.
It is in very easy walking distance (right next to) to the central business area where there are a multitude of nice spots to enjoy a meal & drink etc. There are also excellent shopping facilities.
Cheers.
AnswerID: 284761

Follow Up By: 96 GXL 80 series - Thursday, Jan 31, 2008 at 20:05

Thursday, Jan 31, 2008 at 20:05
Just a couple more points as well, it also backs on to the Main Beach for swimming / surfing and all within walking distance.
Located right at the mouth of the ocean / river.

On site cabins also as well as caravan and tent sites.

Very pleasant out look and great for the younger ones if you don't feel like driving them every where.
FollowupID: 549553

Sponsored Links