12v Pressure washer

Submitted: Saturday, Feb 02, 2008 at 14:25
ThreadID: 54145 Views:7184 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
http://www.carcube.com.au/
Just wondered if anyone had tried one of these & how they compare to normal pressure washers, 130 psi sounds resonable for 12v. It says this on the website about using during water restrictions;

If you are allowed to use tap water to wash your car you can use Car Cube. At 07/5/07 this included Sydney, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin and Hobart. Remember, an average bucket wash takes between 4-11 buckets of water. Car Cube only uses 2.

At 7/5/07 water authorities in capital cities around Australia advise that people can wash a car with tank water from rain fall. Every authority we spoke to said your tank water can be used however you want to use it. We recommend you wash a car with Car Cube® and not your hose. An average hose wash will use 18 buckets or more – Car Cube only uses 2. Protect our planet – limit your water usage..
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mark - Saturday, Feb 02, 2008 at 17:50

Saturday, Feb 02, 2008 at 17:50
Well curiosity got the better of me & I went out and picked one up from the local M/C dealer. Verdict ...well its certainly not a replacement for a mains pressure & a 130psi equates to around 9 bar & my mains pressure washer is 100 bar so thats around 10% of the power. It has it use's though & I found it handy for cleaning around the inside of the door seals on the 4x4 as the low volume of water means you can get into those tricky spots without dreanching the inside of the vehicle. I think it will be useful on a camping trip for cleaning the dust off the back of a vehicle etc, also good for engine bays & motorcycles where a higher pressure washer can push dirt behind oil seals.
Says in the manual that you should only put cold water in but the blokes at the M/C shop reckon they put warm water in & use them as shower after a day of dirt bike riding, could be handy on Stockton beach for a quick rinse at the end of the day & same goes for the surf rods & reels. Well I'm sounding like a salesman, simple setup though with a marine type pump & pressure switch, wish i'd of though of it though as the bike shop said they are selling quite a few, story of my life.......
AnswerID: 285163

Reply By: Member - Mike DID - Saturday, Feb 02, 2008 at 23:02

Saturday, Feb 02, 2008 at 23:02
I bought a normal pressure washer for $79 and connected it to tank water - if I want to run it off 12 volt I'll use my Inverter.
AnswerID: 285227

Sponsored Links