Rackmaster any good?

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 03, 2008 at 20:11
ThreadID: 54203 Views:2429 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I am looking at getting the Rackmaster Roof Racks from OL. They seem very flexible, light and low , ( and expensive).

Does anyone have these and can comment on them good /bad generally and especially with noise, strength and flexibility.

( note also posted on 4wdmonthly, and have done search, but topics are old and maybe products have changed)

thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Peter McG (Member, Melbourne) - Sunday, Feb 03, 2008 at 21:51

Sunday, Feb 03, 2008 at 21:51
Had mine since last June. Used on the CSR. Very pleased - it now stays on the car. No noise and easy to pack.

Peter
Peter
VKS Mobile 1906

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 285444

Reply By: Member - Shane D (QLD) - Sunday, Feb 03, 2008 at 22:43

Sunday, Feb 03, 2008 at 22:43
I've used mine across the Simpson and I'm real happy with it, I especially like the channels that allow you to mount "stuff" directly to rack instead of trying to tie down.
I have my second spare mounted (genuine mounting bracket) as well as my Hilift and shovel.These brackets can easily be adjudted to suit different requirements
It sits just a little higher than the top of my Toyota snorkel and has NO wind noise.
I put mine on around November '06 and have not taken it off (no need to).
I can stand on a single beam and it will disort underfoot however I do weigh 120Kg,
Yes, it the most expensive rack on the market, but quality remains after the price is forgotten.
I'm not a sale person BLAH BLAH BLAH, But you asked for comment, mine is GOOD.

Shane
AnswerID: 285454

Reply By: RovingOz (QLD) - Monday, Feb 04, 2008 at 09:40

Monday, Feb 04, 2008 at 09:40
Nearly went for one of these but went a Jaram alloy instead. Just couldn't get my head around not being able to just occy something up there without worrying about it sliding off. I know it has the tie downs but it seemed a little inflexible.
I was really attracted by the low profile but with the troopy I'm buggered anyway.
Well design product but I just thought I'd stay with a traditional rack. Too much outlay to risk regretting the decision.
John
AnswerID: 285485

Sponsored Links