Australian Off Road Campers Odyssey series

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 03, 2008 at 22:30
ThreadID: 54209 Views:2948 Replies:10 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all

Just wanting some feedback regarding these campers. Can anyone tell me how they perform? Are they worth the price? The look good & seem to be very well constructed. Anyone had any "bad" or "things to look out for" experiences?

Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Shaker - Sunday, Feb 03, 2008 at 22:40

Sunday, Feb 03, 2008 at 22:40
A friend of mine has one & it is excellent, very high build quality & handles the High country & Outback easily.

Are they worth the price?? Who knows?
AnswerID: 285453

Reply By: Member - Au-2 - Monday, Feb 04, 2008 at 01:22

Monday, Feb 04, 2008 at 01:22
We have owned one for two years, Stefandsal, and every now and then I have a look at the newest models of all brands of CT's and I would not honestly trade ours for any of them. They travel well, they are designed well and you will enjoy every trip you take because they will not let you down.
I am not a share holder and have no pecuniary interest in the company.
Ozesheila.
AnswerID: 285468

Reply By: Gronk - Monday, Feb 04, 2008 at 08:50

Monday, Feb 04, 2008 at 08:50
They are one of the best CT's going around.........and are they worth the price ? probably not but I look at it this way ( I have a KK ).........cost of ownership is nearly zero........you normally get back what you pay for one......

Only thing I don't like about the AOR is the inability to access under the bed when it's packed up...but others may not see this as a problem ??
AnswerID: 285481

Reply By: Geoff M (QLD) - Monday, Feb 04, 2008 at 09:04

Monday, Feb 04, 2008 at 09:04
Stefandsal,

Can't give any "bad" or "things to look out for" experiences as we've had our ZR for 3 years now and can honestly say that it's one of the very few "big ticket" items we've ever purchased that has performed exactly as we had hoped for.

Towed it through all sorts of rain, mud and bulldust and at day's end completely dry and dust free. Could go on and on, but as the Nike ad says ....."Just do it".

Geoff
AnswerID: 285483

Reply By: RovingOz (QLD) - Monday, Feb 04, 2008 at 09:55

Monday, Feb 04, 2008 at 09:55
Kimberley has the name but I think AORC has sneaked past in quality over the past few years.
We had a ZR and loved it. Very good resale.
Dear as poison now but so is everything.
Never liked using the AT35 hitch - how the hell they put up with them on Bushtrackers I'll never now.
If you get one 1st rule - kitchen closed securely and dble checked!
We never had a issue but plenty have driven off and ouch... expensive mistake.

AnswerID: 285488

Follow Up By: Geoff M (QLD) - Monday, Feb 04, 2008 at 16:56

Monday, Feb 04, 2008 at 16:56
"...Never liked using the AT35 hitch " ..... go on John admit it, you're just mechanically challenged. (LOL)

PS: How's the back goin?
FollowupID: 550538

Follow Up By: RovingOz (QLD) - Monday, Feb 04, 2008 at 20:53

Monday, Feb 04, 2008 at 20:53
G'day Geoff have you changed vehicle?

Yes after 2yrs I finally got the hang of the bloody thing!
Helped a new Bushtracker owner out near Mitchell last year. He was using some pretty heavy tools to try to get the pin out. He was turning around and going home to get it changed to a Hyland. He'd had enough.
Whoever invented the thing should be flogged.
I see they sensibly use the Treg on the KK.

Backs great now, back on the road in a few mths.
Chers
John
FollowupID: 550627

Reply By: Member - jjt98 (QLD) - Monday, Feb 04, 2008 at 12:13

Monday, Feb 04, 2008 at 12:13
HI there,
A friend bought one about 12 months ago & they love theirs. We are doing a 3 month trek with them in June & we have joked around by saying we will just plug our ct into the mother ship (theirs - its got everything you could possibly want for)
Cheers
Jason
AnswerID: 285507

Reply By: Member - Kevin J (QLD) - Monday, Feb 04, 2008 at 18:01

Monday, Feb 04, 2008 at 18:01
Owned a ZR for almost three years. It went into places where others were having problems and never made us wonder why we had spent the money. Can guarantee that they are dust free as we took ours through some of the worst dust and slept dust free while even the KKs were letting a little into the bed.

Went through 9 storms in a 12 hour period at Narrabri and while there were odd drips in the annex the main tent was dry and secure.

I loved it to tow with the Pajero and would still have it if we won Lotto but couldn't justify retaining it when health (wife) decreed we move into a van. Sold in a short time and we got back what we paid aftyer three years.

You will not regret your purchase.

Kevin J
AnswerID: 285576

Reply By: Member - Kevin J (QLD) - Monday, Feb 04, 2008 at 18:02

Monday, Feb 04, 2008 at 18:02
Owned a ZR for almost three years. It went into places where others were having problems and never made us wonder why we had spent the money. Can guarantee that they are dust free as we took ours through some of the worst dust and slept dust free while even the KKs were letting a little into the bed.

Went through 9 storms in a 12 hour period at Narrabri and while there were odd drips in the annex the main tent was dry and secure.

I loved it to tow with the Pajero and would still have it if we won Lotto but couldn't justify retaining it when health (wife) decreed we move into a van. Sold in a short time and we got back what we paid aftyer three years.

You will not regret your purchase.

Kevin J
AnswerID: 285577

Reply By: Member - Kevin J (QLD) - Monday, Feb 04, 2008 at 18:03

Monday, Feb 04, 2008 at 18:03
Sorry about the dbl post. Might be Parkinsons.

Kevin J
AnswerID: 285578

Reply By: Member - Norm C (QLD) - Monday, Feb 04, 2008 at 21:39

Monday, Feb 04, 2008 at 21:39
We've had a ZR for almost 3 years. They are a great CT and the newer models are even better. We've had ours in a lot of rough out of the way places and never had a problem. Had it in water to the top of the kitchen drawer and none got in. Been through bulldust like talcum and the only sign of dust inside was on the inside of the rear hinge where the floor flips over. If you ran your finger along the hinge, you could pick up some dust, but that's all.

In the almost 3 years we've had our Odyssey, we've spent over 200 days on the road. Next month, we are heading off for another 6 month trip. I guess that means we are happy with it.

Norm C
AnswerID: 285654

Sponsored Links