Wheel cover

Submitted: Monday, Feb 04, 2008 at 19:44
ThreadID: 54238 Views:1965 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
We have had our Exploroz wheel cover on for a while now, this weekend went down to Wilsons Prom (vic) for two nights - magic place if you haven't been there - the weather is unpredictable though - anyway - first night guy comes and introduces himself and his two little ones - goes by the name Fragglerock on this site - g'day to you
Then called into Foster caravan park to visit with brother and his wife - lo and behold - there is a huge van with two EO wheelcovers - and EO stickers all over - goes by the name Clipper - g'day to you as well.
Just goes to show that people notice and feel an affinity or membership with other EO people, paid up members or not, makes a great conversation starter.
jules

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Trevor R (QLD) - Monday, Feb 04, 2008 at 21:20

Monday, Feb 04, 2008 at 21:20
Hi Jules,

IN my case, it also allows plenty of time for some to take a wide berth of my camp hehehehe. Seriously, I too have had many an occassion where I have seen wheel covers or stickers and struck up conversations because of this. In all cases, the response has been positive and the people very friendly.

Hope to see you on the road one day, myself.
Regards, Trevor.
AnswerID: 285644

Reply By: Member - JohnR (Vic)&Kath - Monday, Feb 04, 2008 at 22:14

Monday, Feb 04, 2008 at 22:14
Can be a good conversation starter Julie, but I went to talk to the dirver of a white 100 series in Queensland a couple of years ago, to find he had little interest in EO but had really just bought a wheel cover online at the shop. Didn't frequent the mad house at all.
AnswerID: 285667

Reply By: Fragle_Rock (VIC) - Monday, Feb 04, 2008 at 23:19

Monday, Feb 04, 2008 at 23:19
G'Day Jules,

It was the first time we have ever come across another EO member in our travels. It was nice to meet you and hope you enjoyed your stay down at the Prom....we certainly did.

Cheers
AnswerID: 285688

Reply By: dingbat - Tuesday, Feb 05, 2008 at 07:08

Tuesday, Feb 05, 2008 at 07:08
I spotted a white patrol with wheel cover plus stickers parked underground at Parliament House Canberra last thursday, and as I was between committments, waited(lurked) nearby a couple of times but missed the owners. PH closes at 5pm and the 3rd time I was there was after 5 and the visitors carpark sort of empties out.
AnswerID: 285710

Sponsored Links