bigpond wireless broadband

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 05, 2008 at 07:48
ThreadID: 54257 Views:1589 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
gooday all
well i am back on the air after nearly a week off was having problems with internet explorer dropping out or a message modem busy and other funny messages finally conviced bigpond it must be the modem so they finally relented and sent me a new 1 under warranty but they cut my account on the night i complained so they could set up the new modem
bugger i had to start drinking more to cope with the withdrawals

steve
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Doug T (FNQ) - Tuesday, Feb 05, 2008 at 08:11

Tuesday, Feb 05, 2008 at 08:11
Steve
I was massive problems with mine too , would lose contact with the PC about every 20 mins' , I removed the Infrared crap that came with the PC , Downloaded the newer Connection Manager, upgraded the Firmware, killed the internal Modem.changed the way the Modem connects from Auto to Manual , Disabled Local Area Connection, and now it seems to be running OK , it stays connected for hours,..

gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 285721

Follow Up By: Vince NSW - Tuesday, Feb 05, 2008 at 13:51

Tuesday, Feb 05, 2008 at 13:51
Doug,
Can we have that in english? I can understand why you would keep away from the infrared so the computer won't melt, bur the rest is just computer talk. I think I need one of thoes books called "How to turn on your Computer for Dummies"
Is there an easier way
Vince
FollowupID: 550760

Reply By: Member - JohnR (Vic)&Kath - Tuesday, Feb 05, 2008 at 14:17

Tuesday, Feb 05, 2008 at 14:17
Don't know about you guys and your stuffing around. The one here has been connected for days via an Ethermax and all the network in the house has access. Just bl**$^ expensive data access but pretty fast now at download speed of 1.3 mbs
AnswerID: 285759

Sponsored Links