stockton

Submitted: Wednesday, Feb 06, 2008 at 17:45
ThreadID: 54306 Views:1418 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
hi all i'm heading to stockton for the day on saturday.wondering if anyone had any hints on the beach and the best place to get on it?
cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Stephen M (NSW) - Wednesday, Feb 06, 2008 at 19:12

Wednesday, Feb 06, 2008 at 19:12
Hi there ryno, was up there Sunday of the long weekend. Not sure what sort of vehicle you have but we come on the beach at Anna Bay and left via Lavis Lane. The Lavis Lane entry/exit was quit soft sand and had some fairly deep ruts. We had a Toyota Kluger with us and he did bottom out most of the way out but other then that he had no problems. One of the prados did get bogged in sand up near the ship. We sat and had lunch then when leaving he drove forward to turn around to go up some sand dunes and dropped straight down to his side steps. Shovelled out around the rear wheels and rear fuel tank and snatched him out with mine. Was the only issue for the day. $10.00 will get you a 3 day pass. In saying all the above it changes from one day to the next. Take snatch strap, shovel with you and hopefully another vehicle incase you get bogged although you will find there will be some one willing to help you out. We found the sand dunes easier to drive then the beach front itself. I ran tyres at 20psi one of the pajeros dropped his to 16. Regards Steve M
AnswerID: 286015

Reply By: Member - GRANT HID(NSW) - Wednesday, Feb 06, 2008 at 21:39

Wednesday, Feb 06, 2008 at 21:39
Hi ryno,I also went up to stockton on sunday of the long weekend,first ime ive been there.We went in at anna bay and ran about 15 psi in the pajero and had no problems on beach or in the dunes.The track back from the beach is alot easier than the beach.We ended up coming out down near stockton.
Plan to go back up and camp for a weekend.
It would be good with a few vehicles playing in some of the steeper
dunes.
Cheers
AnswerID: 286055

Sponsored Links