Stolen trailer

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 07, 2008 at 20:08
ThreadID: 54341 Views:2382 Replies:4 FollowUps:7
This Thread has been Archived
Some friends of ours have had the misfortune of having their camper traler stolen from their home here on the Gold Coast.
Details of the trailer-- It is a CASTAWAY, Smokey grey with a light grey torneau cover.
Rego CI 2525
It also has a bright orange LEVUKA sticker on the back tailgate
If anyone happens to see it please contact the police.

Cheers

Brian
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Kev & Darkie - Thursday, Feb 07, 2008 at 20:39

Thursday, Feb 07, 2008 at 20:39
I haven't seen it up here yet, I may even let the local copper know to keep an eye out. As he spend a heap of time watching vehicles on the Bruce highways ;))

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 286212

Follow Up By: Member - Brian (Gold Coast) - Thursday, Feb 07, 2008 at 20:47

Thursday, Feb 07, 2008 at 20:47
Thanks Kev........

that'd be great mate!

Cheers

Brian
FollowupID: 551290

Follow Up By: Kev & Darkie - Thursday, Feb 07, 2008 at 21:03

Thursday, Feb 07, 2008 at 21:03
Having the local coppers wife as the HR manager at work helps LOL
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 551297

Reply By: PradOz - Thursday, Feb 07, 2008 at 21:14

Thursday, Feb 07, 2008 at 21:14
sorry to hear that - how low can someone go!

be good if you could post a photo or two on here and also on a couple of the caravan + camper trailer forums.

hope your friends gets some good luck. was it insured at all? never covers everything anyway does it.
AnswerID: 286222

Reply By: Ozboc - Friday, Feb 08, 2008 at 18:16

Friday, Feb 08, 2008 at 18:16
Just out of curiosity - what security precautions did they have in place for this trailer - ie was it behind locked gate -- wheel clamp --- hitch lock ?

just curious as i am always paranoid about my pop top going missing and i have some security measures in place , and the fact it weighs 1250kg makes it a little hard to just wheel away down the road where they can hook it up to a tow vehicle ... ....

thanks
AnswerID: 286397

Follow Up By: slave - Friday, Feb 08, 2008 at 18:54

Friday, Feb 08, 2008 at 18:54
From another forum

Stolen from northern end of Gold Coast, from the security underground carpark of an unit building.... WITH THE TRAILER LOCK STILL ATTACHED.

and
The trailer (Lock insitu) was stolen from mermaid in a security complex. Security gates were not working and the cameras were out of action 3 days prior due to power failure but nobody incl manager knew ,obviously the on-site manager hasnt been checking them.
FollowupID: 551533

Follow Up By: Member - Brian (Gold Coast) - Saturday, Feb 09, 2008 at 18:35

Saturday, Feb 09, 2008 at 18:35
Ozboc,
Apparently from a secured complex and trailer lock fitted..... not sure but it might be the one that slave mentions in his follow-up above.

Anyway, the good news is that the trailer has been found, a few streets away with only minimal damage.

Thanks everyone for their input.

Cheers

Brian
FollowupID: 551730

Follow Up By: Ozboc - Saturday, Feb 09, 2008 at 18:47

Saturday, Feb 09, 2008 at 18:47
excelent news ! - makes you wonder about the modivation though >?

perhaps its a person who wants to buy one " Borrowed" it for a few days to try it out ??? ( rather then rent )

then returned it near home ??? - or maybe even a member / lurker here that felt a litle guilty and returned it ......

guess you will never know ---

I think though the point here is that , if someone wants sometihng - it does not matter how much security you have for it , they will do what ever it takes to get it .....

Boc
FollowupID: 551735

Follow Up By: slave - Saturday, Feb 09, 2008 at 19:37

Saturday, Feb 09, 2008 at 19:37
Brian
It was the same trailer as the same number plate was quoted on the other forum.

Good to hear that it was found.

Would be interesting to know if the trailer lock was still in place as we often use them on our boat and trailer.

Mrs S
FollowupID: 551744

Follow Up By: Member - Brian (Gold Coast) - Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 20:11

Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 20:11
Ozboc,
I agree.... if someone wants your stuff more than you do.... little will stop them!

Mrs S,
I asked the question about the locks and got this answer.....

"they must of put a chain around the tow ball and towed it one street away. The only damage was breaking in to the tool box, they were looking for something so they could hock it. They didn't know how to open (or could of been
disturbed) the trailer so nothing else was stolen."

They are looking at chaining down when it's not in use.... probably a good idea!!

Cheers

Brian
FollowupID: 552168

Reply By: rumpig - Friday, Feb 08, 2008 at 23:00

Friday, Feb 08, 2008 at 23:00
if camper trailers are anything like builders trailers, then i reckon quite a few go missing. when i bought my builders trailer many years ago, there was a guy come into the store whilst i was there who had his trailer full of tools get stolen, the guy behind the counter said they get atleast 2 guys a week who have had the same thing happen to them. having been a tradie for over 13 years now, i know of 3 mates who have lost their trailers full of tools, one guy lost his car that was attached to it aswell.
so take as many precautions as possible when it comes to trailer security, there's plenty of lowlifes out there.
AnswerID: 286469

Sponsored Links