Four Mile Hill Trail - Suitability for towing a camper

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 10, 2008 at 09:11
ThreadID: 54418 Views:2886 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Just wondering whether anyone is familiar with the Four Mill Hill Fire Trail in the Snowy Mountains? It is off the Snowy Mountains Highway near the Rest House at Sawyers Hill.

A couple of mates and I are planning to camp by the Eucumbene River and fish for a couple of days in March. I'm toying with the idea of taking the camper (KK) but don't want to get down there only to find that we can't get it down the track (as far as the river) due to its condition/terrain etc.

In addition, if anyone has been there, are there places suitable for camping?

Cheers
Gary

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Yabbo - Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 23:10

Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 23:10
I have often driven down that track to fish the Eucumbene. A camper trailer would handle the track easily. It is not a good idea to go all the way down to camp by the river for a few reasons. Camping right on the river increases the risk of polluting that beautiful pristine stream, also it is MUCH colder down there. Much better to camp back up in the tree line as it is warmer and near firewood. There are a few places where you can pull off the track to find a flat, grassy spot to camp.

Tight lines!
AnswerID: 286989

Follow Up By: gazand CJ - Tuesday, Feb 12, 2008 at 08:00

Tuesday, Feb 12, 2008 at 08:00
Yabbo,
Thanks for the feedback about the track condition. Agree with everything in your post re camping by the river.

Cheers
FollowupID: 552242

Sponsored Links