ACT 4WD Show

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 10, 2008 at 16:31
ThreadID: 54430 Views:1952 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Just home from the big show at Queanbeyan. Plenty to see & well
run. Didnt find any of the local EO bods...too busy looking at stuff.
Spent a fair bit of time looking for ideas to improve the Scroogemobile C/t & found some too. As a general observation, old shearer mate & I were surprised to find that many of the C/t
setups were too bloody hot inside & it was less than 25 deg here
today & cloudy. An important consideration if looking to buy, & not
related to price, the dearer ones were worse, poorly located windows & too small as well. A couple had clear panels in the roof
& the result was excellent re light entry but negative re heat.
Startled to find the gas bottle compartment in a $30k plus slide on
had no means of securing the two bottles therein..tied together
with a bit of steel rope & a lock to prevent theft, just pathetic.
Was pleased to note the only C/t tent with provision to zip open one side & reverse the wagon up to the hole was the one used
on the Scroogemobile.Aaaah....joy.......oldbaz.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - CS (NSW/ACT) - Sunday, Feb 10, 2008 at 17:44

Sunday, Feb 10, 2008 at 17:44
I agree Olbaz, it was pretty good.

It was our first 4wd show and we were pretty impressed with the stuff to be seen. Good range of stalls and displays especially every camper trailer ever made ;)

Was very surprised with the relaxed attitude of the sales staff. It was great to wander around and have a look at everything and not get attacked by every person running a stall that your eye passed across, which is what I expected to happen.

All in all better than I expected and worth the couple of hours it took to get around the whole place.

Cheers,

Chris
AnswerID: 286730

Reply By: Member - John and Val W (ACT) - Sunday, Feb 10, 2008 at 20:35

Sunday, Feb 10, 2008 at 20:35
Image Could Not Be FoundHere is a shot of about two thirds of the Promo site. Pretty busy today. Good to meet up with Wayne and have a chat, sorry we missed others. We were kept pretty busy with club activities.

Cheers,

Val
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 286768

Follow Up By: Wayne (NSW) - Sunday, Feb 10, 2008 at 20:59

Sunday, Feb 10, 2008 at 20:59
Val,

What a show!

I have been to a lot of 4WD shows, as a exhibitor on a stand, and I would have to say it has to be the best run show.

The volunteers from the 4Wd clubs that run that show could show some of the "professional" how to run a 4WD show.

I know that it must of been very stressful but it did not show on the club members that were there to help in any way possible.

The fact that we, the exhibitors were allowed to camp on site is a real bonus. The admission cost to the public was affordable and reasonable for what the public got to see and do.

From what I could see of the test track is was busy all the time, the demonstrations by the clubs on winching and the simulated rescue from a vehicle accident was also well worth a look.

The meal and entertainment on Saturday night was also more than what I expected.

John and Val, please pass on my congratulations to the three 4WD clubs that organized and run such a successful event. Well Done.

John and Val it was also good the have a "Troopie" chat at the show

Wayne
FollowupID: 552013

Follow Up By: Member - John and Val W (ACT) - Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 16:58

Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 16:58
Thanks Wayne, we have passed this on to the organisers. It is good to have feedback.

Thank you for showing us your Troopy and taking the time to chat. Hope to meet up again on the track somewhere.

Cheers,

Val.
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 552123

Sponsored Links