Strong Blizzard to hit America Early April

Submitted: Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 19:22
ThreadID: 54479 Views:1350 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
How can I predict this so far ahead you ask?

Easy, my Toyota Blizzard leaves on it's long journey to it's new USA owner tomorrow and arrives in the USA early April LOL!!!

It is a very strange feeling knowing your little beast will be on the other side of the world tackling 4x4 trails that we only read about over here. After doing so much to it, and with it, in the time I had it, I will very much miss the personality this beast had. I used to secretly call it the Blue Tongue Blizzard, slow and steady but still going at the end of a hard days drive. No real weaponry to defend itself if attacked but still made people smile all day just looking at it tackle tuff terrain.

Anyone wanting a no nonsense, tuff as nails farm truck or weekend warrior (so long as the tracks aren't too far from home), you would be hard pressed to find a more suitable candidate. I will miss it very much now that it is time to part with it. I have never felt anything close to this with any other vehicle....very strange for me.

Cheers, Trevor.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Willem - Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 19:47

Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 19:47
Looks like I will have to eat my words....lol

Cheers
AnswerID: 286940

Follow Up By: Trevor R (QLD) - Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 21:06

Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 21:06
Yeah mate, money has been in my account since 27th Dec. Well not quite, it was in on the 27th but spent by the 28th hehehehehe. So the little truck has been sitting here at my place waiting for it's boat out of here in the meantime.

All the advise was taken seriously, and even I was concerned about the transaction but it is pretty hard to get the money back now that I have spent it. The new owner, a Toyota enthusiast, is adamant that his will be the first driving example in the US. to his knowledge. I have no idea about this, but I do know the owner is serious about his vehicles as he has a heated garage to store his trucks in away from the salt covered snow roads throughout his winter.

Cheers, Trevor.
FollowupID: 552179

Reply By: Member - Shane D (QLD) - Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 21:28

Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 21:28
Did the buyer let on how much it was going to cost to import?
I'm Not taking anything thing away from the Blizzard, but, He must be an enthusist!

Shane
AnswerID: 286969

Follow Up By: Trevor R (QLD) - Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 21:35

Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 21:35
Yeah mate, there will be no change from 3-3 1/2 grand.

You are right in that it would only be a genuine collector/enthusiast to buy and import to US this vehicle. Having said that, if it turns out to be the only one driving around the US and it is restored to "as new" then who knows how much it could fetch???

Either way, not my problem now. I would like to think the new owner is happy with it when he see's it for the first time though (just my nature, not want to rip anyone off, you know me).

How's the foot going? getting back into the swing of long hours behind the wheel?

Regards, Trevor.
FollowupID: 552186

Follow Up By: Member - Shane D (QLD) - Tuesday, Feb 12, 2008 at 20:09

Tuesday, Feb 12, 2008 at 20:09
Hi Trevor,
This foot will remind me of my idiotic actions for some time yet!
My job landscape has changed and now I spend more time standing then driving, which is JUST what I wanted (NOT!), getting over a broken bone in my foot (bunch of CLOWNS), but I'm not bitter, well, maybe a little.
Any way I'm doing less hours, harder work, less pay, bigger morgage which is why I've got the Middi up on ebay.
Apart from that, all is good, Kids are good, Emma's good

See ya 'round
Shane

FollowupID: 552328

Sponsored Links