rhino roof racks

Submitted: Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 21:47
ThreadID: 54489 Views:1599 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,
I have been using an old ARB Steel roof rack on my GQ for a few years and am pretty happy with it but I am thinking about changing to a Rhino alloy rack to reduce weight and to reduce strain on the gutters by having a less rigid rack. Would like to hear of other people'sexperiences with a Rhino and also if they've had any problems with the way the basket attaches to the cross bars.

Thanks,
Russ
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: APN - Tuesday, Feb 12, 2008 at 06:46

Tuesday, Feb 12, 2008 at 06:46
Russ

I have a 2m Alloy Rhino rack on my Landcruiser and it has never missed a beat - very light weight and very durable - had it up for 2.5 years. Easy to lift off by yourself once you unscrew the fixings - great range of easily added accessories.

I bought it based on its relative weight and strength

Best of luck

AnswerID: 287003

Reply By: Member - Kingsley N (SA) - Tuesday, Feb 12, 2008 at 08:53

Tuesday, Feb 12, 2008 at 08:53
I have the 1.8m Rhino tray on three Rola bars. The tracks are compatable with the little fittings. It is excellent. Lightweight, little or no windnoise, good range of accessories, easy to lift off when not in use. I have never had any of the fittings rattle loose, but I check them regularly on a trip. If you damage the tray (eg driving into a low clearance city car park !) you can buy replacement sections.

At the time I purchased the set up, I went for the Rola bars because they had a more streamlined appearance. I believe that Rhino now have an oval shaped bar. I also use a fitted water and dust proof sack by candy canvas to keep everything neat and tidy on top.

Kingo
AnswerID: 287013

Sponsored Links