OzToppo V2 / T4A

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 14, 2008 at 19:00
ThreadID: 54577 Views:3552 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
My opinion on OzToppo V2 compared with T4A, Both great software, After having a quick flyover of Australia on OzToppo V2 I was a bit disappointed not see all the Simpson Desert Tracks , i.e.Rig Rd is OK, QAA ends at the border, Knolls Track ends , K1 Does not reach to Poepell Corner,WAA has a gap, and the CSR is not shown, Cape York is on par with T4A, Seems to me to much emphasise has gone into cities and towns That City Navigator 2008 covers anyhow instead of the 4x4 tracks that T4A covered ,The Contours are brilliant on the other hand. So if anyone is thinking about it and having to send the T4A CD back as per requested make sure you make a full copy to the hard drive or copy to a CD rom , Glad I kept a copy so I have the City Navigator 2008 , OzToppo V2 , T4A, and the new Contours installed to the Nuvi 760.

gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Mick O (VIC) - Thursday, Feb 14, 2008 at 22:40

Thursday, Feb 14, 2008 at 22:40
Righto then Doug, what's your recommendation (coming as a bloke who's just taken delivery of the Garmin Vista HCx)? Does a bloke just get shonky and all the free ware or spend the $ and get Oztoppo? What's going to cut the mustard and why?

My needs - Back-up to Trackranger/ozi. Used for remote area hiking (think Great Sandy Desert and Rudall River NP) and perhaps geocaching (If I can become expert enough...mind you my stuff will be so remote it's bound to be there for a while!).

Look forward to hearing your advice.

Mick.
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 287533

Follow Up By: Member - Mick O (VIC) - Thursday, Feb 14, 2008 at 22:42

Thursday, Feb 14, 2008 at 22:42
P.S. Don't need all the city stuff as Trackranger takes care of that. Purely for exploration of our magnificent outback.

Cheers. Mick
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 552789

Follow Up By: Member - Doug T (FNQ) - Friday, Feb 15, 2008 at 01:09

Friday, Feb 15, 2008 at 01:09
Mick
My honest opinion is for way way outback is this, if you have T4A keep it , if you havn't ....get your claws on it, the free stuff I have been told does not have the same level of data,I certainly won't be letting go of the copy of my original CD of T4A.
No I did not get a Garmin Vista HCx, I got the new Nuvi 760.
I have already sent an email of my dissapointment in the OzToppo map detail to GPS-Oz, mind you the Contours are supreme.

bloody Earwigs..............plague
gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 552814

Follow Up By: Member - Mick O (VIC) - Friday, Feb 15, 2008 at 22:45

Friday, Feb 15, 2008 at 22:45
Ta doug.

No I'm the man with the new Vista. Arrived from the states two weeks back. Just have to get a map load for it, hense my question. I'll start saving for the Oztoppo/T4A pack then.

Cheers. Mick
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 552948

Reply By: Member - Doug T (FNQ) - Friday, Feb 15, 2008 at 09:36

Friday, Feb 15, 2008 at 09:36
Message from GPS-Oz

Hi Doug

Unfortunately we didn;t catch these omissions before we "went to print". We are currently preparing a free update that will include the tracks that you mention. Our intention was to make OZtopo V2 much more detailed than T4A or any other product in the market. The update will be available shortly, 1-2 weeks so hang in there!

Our apologies for the omissions and thanks for the email. If you find any other omissions (hopefully not) please advise us immediately.

gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 287582

Sponsored Links