Members Gallery

Submitted: Saturday, Feb 16, 2008 at 11:08
ThreadID: 54622 Views:1572 Replies:2 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Just trying to put a picture into a thread - but having problems - when I go to Members Gallery button on this section (ask your question) it only shows that I have two pictures - neither of which appear on screen - whereas I have at least six loaded onto the gallery - what am I doing wrong?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Cruiser (NSW) - Saturday, Feb 16, 2008 at 11:50

Saturday, Feb 16, 2008 at 11:50
Julie,

This is one of your pictures in your gallery. Is this the type of thing you want to do.

Cheers,

Cruiser
AnswerID: 287761

Follow Up By: Member - Cruiser (NSW) - Saturday, Feb 16, 2008 at 12:23

Saturday, Feb 16, 2008 at 12:23
Julie,

See Davids reply below. This is what I did to get your picture in my reply.

1. I went to your gallery, chose a picture and opened it. While open, I clicked on the right mouse button and chose "copy image location"

2. I closed the picture and returned from your Gallery to the thread you posted and chose reply. On the bottom of the reply screen is the "Insert Image" button, same as there is when posting a new thread.

3. I clicked on that, and when the new screen comes up I then pasted the image location using the Control +V command into the reply where it says "Image Address" then select the "Insert" button.

3. When you are finished with the post, select the "Submit" button and all going well, your image should appear in your post.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Cruiser
FollowupID: 553040

Follow Up By: Member - Willie , Sydney. - Saturday, Feb 16, 2008 at 14:46

Saturday, Feb 16, 2008 at 14:46
Thanks for the good instructions Cruiser . I have copied to a file so I don't forget .

Willie .
FollowupID: 553062

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Saturday, Feb 16, 2008 at 12:02

Saturday, Feb 16, 2008 at 12:02
Julie,

The new thread picture system is avialable using the Insert Image button (shown when you are typing your post,reply or followup). The Members Gallery system via the button has not yet been upgraded to support the new functions available in the Insert Image system. I am working on it so that you can get Gallery pics using the new gallery but for now just use the Insert Image button.
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 287764

Follow Up By: Member - Doug T (FNQ) - Saturday, Feb 16, 2008 at 13:28

Saturday, Feb 16, 2008 at 13:28
David
Just a small Tech' question for you, In the older way we posted photo files the animated Gif files worked, I posted Crazy Dog one of an engine (as below) and they don't seem to be working, is the system now only to handle JPEG files.

Doug

Image Could Not Be Found
gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 553052

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Monday, Feb 18, 2008 at 11:15

Monday, Feb 18, 2008 at 11:15
Doug,

At the moment I have not support for GIF animation. I will be adding this in time however to try to ensure resonable storage limits I convert to JPG, resize to 800pixels and setup 85% compression. This makes most photos in the range of 60-90KB each.

GIF is a little different, I would want to convert and compress non animated files and only keep animations as original. This will come just not in the near furtur.
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 553375

Follow Up By: Member - Doug T (FNQ) - Monday, Feb 18, 2008 at 11:27

Monday, Feb 18, 2008 at 11:27
David
Thanks for for the explanation

Doug
gift by Daughter